Monday, February 16, 2009

WOOHOO!







Sometimes you just need to see that you're making progress, don't you? These are my Jarrod-Jeans. You know, the guy from Subway? I decided I would keep these jeans when I started losing weight as a reminder of where I've been and where I'm going.





Saturday I went shopping with my daughter, and for the first time since well before she was born, I tried on jeans in the regular women's clothing section, not the plus-sized section. And what do you know? Not only did fit into the largest regular size, I fit into the next smallest size! WOOHOO! I've dropped more than five sizes!
I keep the jeans for the same reason I like the word counter for my current WIP. Progress, something you can see and verify and claim. Something to encourage, to spur you on, and something that helps you celebrate.
Thanks to Heather for shopping with me and for taking the pictures. And thanks to my whole family for their constant encouragement and their unwavering certainty that I can do this.















10 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! I'm so thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! Very inspirational way to start the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pacediseWOW! Well done you! You must be really proud of yourself and rightly so, what an amazing girl you are.

    I came to you througb CJ blog, to see if you posted your Word of the Day Quiz/Quote thingy..... What a surprise to see those photos.
    Once again a great big WELL DONE!

    Sue, UK
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! It's so nice to celebrate with friends.

    And welcome, Sue! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome!!! GO YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW! and not in the Weeble sense! That is so amazing! You look faboo! Love your red top too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look totally awesome, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! and what an inspiration you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a terrific accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete