Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Books, books, books



I just finished reading Sarah Graves's A Face at the Window, book 12 in the Home Repair is Homicide series.

It gets top marks from me. A page turner from first to last, it kept me reading in every spare minute (and a few that weren't so spare.) I finished the book in two days. (this was great fun, but a little sigh-inducing as I know it took her far longer to write the book than it did for me to read it. I realized that people could finish one of my books in a long afternoon...when it takes more than 100 hours to write and edit one.)

But back to Sarah Graves. Here's a list of the titles in this series. I think they're very clever.

1. The Dead Cat Bounce (It's a stockbroker/Wall Street term. The main character was a money trader in her old life before escaping to Eastport, Maine.)

2. Triple Witch

3. Wicked Fix

4. Repair to Her Grave

5. Wreck the Halls

6. Unhinged

7. Mallets Aforethought

8. Tool and Die

9. Nail Biter

10. Trap Door

11. The Book of Old Houses

12. A Face at the Window.

13. (This one is in the works now.)

I do miss the first person narrative of the heroine Jacobia Tiptree. In the first several books, the story took place all from her POV. The later books are multiple 3rd Person POV. I miss being in Jake's head all the time and seeing things from her pov while she solves the mystery.

If you're looking for a fun series of cozy mysteries, try the Home Repair is Homicide series by Sarah Graves. You can read an interview with her on Novel Journey HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of these before. Clever titles!

    ReplyDelete