I'm spending time today at the coffee shop, starting Lily and the Lawman. So for today's Friday Five:
Five things that make for a good writing experience at the coffee shop.
1. Earl Grey tea. Preferable the Earl Grey at Caribou. MMMMmmmm.
2. An outlet to plug into. I don't mind working off battery, but the laptop screen is brighter when I'm hooked to an outlet.
3. Sturdy chair and a table that doesn't rock. And it can't be a hightop.
4. Friendly baristas who don't mind if you sip your tea and peck away at your laptop for hours.
5. Good company who also doesn't mind if you sip your tea and peck away at your laptop for hours. My kids are very patient and portable. They like taking school on the road and can amuse themselves for hours with books, homework, artwork, etc. Oh yeah, they also like the ladidahs from the bakery case...and hot chocolates. :)
So what makes a good coffee shop experience for you?