Monday, March 30, 2009

I have a crush


Okay, I admit it. I am a fickle woman. You see, I've developed a bit of a schoolgirl crush on my hero. (Disclaimer here: I am deeply in love with my husband and no one holds a candle to him in any way, shape, or form. He is the only man for me ever!) That being said, I figure if I'm not a little stuck on my hero, no reader will ever be. Guess that explains why there is a little bit of my dear husband in each of my leading men.
I'm fickle though because I tend to have a crush on each of my heroes in turn. Two months ago it was an ambitious shipbuilder engaged to the wrong girl, four months before that it was a cowboy out to pay a debt and running from his feelings for the boss's daughter, and now...a taciturn sheriff trailing bad guys and dodging his own feelings for a talkative little lady who has him acting like a love-sick bull calf.
And I'll admit it, there's a little of me in each of my heroines...or at least something that I WISH I was.

3 comments:

  1. I have a crush on the sheriff's youngest brother. Get busy! (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here! You are so right about it and it happens to me too. I recently noticed that my heros have a lot in common with my hub. I'm sure someday I'll break out of the mode and write someone different, but for now it sure helps explain why I have a crush on mine;-) Keep writing so I can read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAAAAAAAAAAAME here!! =)

    Georgiana knows. I HEART DONOVAN!

    ReplyDelete