Monday, March 09, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!

Friday afternoon, with a beautiful sun shining (for the first time in several days,) the kids and I got to have some fun outside.

A photographer, Jonathan Chapman, arrived from Minneapolis with his assistant John to shoot some photos of the kids and I playing basketball out on the driveway.

What a fun experience. Jonathan and John were great to work with, and we had a very good time. I can't wait to see the pictures, though I got a couple quick peeks on the display on the camera. Enough to know that Jonathan is a very good photographer. I highly recommend him and his work.

Why did we want photos of the kids and me playing basketball? Well, it's a pretty cool God-thing. A few weeks ago I got an email from my friend Carla Stewart. Carla writes articles for Guideposts Magazine from time to time. It seems they were looking for a story about someone with diabetes, something inspirational and that might give readers hope that a disease like diabetes can have postitive effects on your relationships with friends, family, and faith. And sweet Carla, even in the midst of all her amazing, life-changing career news of getting her first contract, thought of me.

In a series of email and phone interviews with both Carla and Rick Hamlin, a Guideposts editor in New York, they shaped a story describing the last 10 months of my life since being diagnosed with diabetes.

The story will run in the June, 2009 edition of Guideposts Magazine. Isn't that amazing???

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! You're a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally cool. I can't wait to see you in Guideposts!!! I can saw I knew you when...

    ....correction--know you now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you! I bet the kids love the publicity too ... but where was Peter in all this? Can't believe he wouldn't want to be front and center! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, I'm so excited this all came together in God's perfect timing. You have such an uplifting story. I can't wait to see it AND the pictures in print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh, Peter deliberately hid out at work so he wouldn't have to have his picture taken!

    He couldn't keep me from mentioning him in the article though. :)

    ReplyDelete