Monday, March 09, 2009

A wonderful gift!


I'd like to announce a new sale.
JoAnne Simmons of Barbour Heartsong Presents
has purchased
The Brides of Money Creek Series!
I'm so thrilled. I received proposed release dates for these three books.
Clara and the Cowboy - April 2010
Lily and the Lawman - August 2010
Maggie and the Maverick - November 2010
(All titles are tentative, though I hope I get to keep them, because I really like them.)
I created a spreadsheet today to track contract dates, deadlines, and release dates, as well as dates for content edits, copy edits, galley edits, cover art sheets, and more.
I am so grateful to God for His blessings. I never could've imagined all this just a year ago. As my agent said, "What a difference a year makes."
God is good to me and so is my family. They are excited and willing to help in any way they can. And I'm so thankful for JoAnne and the team at Heartsong. I couldn't ask for better people to work with.
Now I need to get down to WORK!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats, Erica! I suspected this might be your news. So how many books do you have coming out this year and next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! Oh my goodness. Won't that be 6 books in 12 months? You will need a spreadsheet, a slide rule, and an abacus to keep track of who goes where, when. Love it! Well deserved, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll happy dance with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Erica!! I'm soooo excited for you! I love Heartsong books...I'm sure I'll be reading yours. And the titles are great! Where do the stories take place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, Erica!! So very happy for you! Can't wait to get my own collection of Erica Vetsch books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Erica!!! This is great news. Welcome to the Barbour family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, Erica! That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot woot!! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all! It's so nice to have people to celebrate with.

    Sally, as Carla said, it works out to six books in 13 months or so? I'm glad most of them are already written.

    Carla, thank you, you dear lady. I'm blessed to call you friend.

    CJ, I want a photo of the boogy-ing! And thanks for being an outlaw with me and being my first reader and catching when my guys don't sound like guys. :)

    Donna H. Thank you! My first series takes place in 1905-06 Duluth. This series takes place in 1880's Idaho Territory.

    Linda, thank you for all you're doing to make this possible.

    Rhonda, Thanks for the welcome. Barbour is so great to work with and everyone has been very, very nice!

    Arika (still love the name ;) thanks for dropping by and celebrating with me.

    G- What can I say? You're ace!

    Betsy- thank you for partying with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fishsticks, I realized I forgot to say Thanks to Sally. I just answered her question.

    Thank you, Sally!

    ReplyDelete