Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Writer's Spaces

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Here's a photo of my writing space. Though these days I spend less time writing there than doing bookwork or watching tv and hanging out with my family. The near desk chair is my husband's. For serious writing, I usually head to the coffee shop to get away from home distractions.





Check out this short video sent to me by Kevin S. (Pastor extraordinaire).




It's all about writer's offices.








How does your writer's space stack up? Are you a messy? Are you a neat freak? Are you somewhere in between? Is your writing space an office, a corner of your bedroom, wherever you happen to be with your laptop?

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely room. The gleaming wood and bookcase so warm and inviting. I thought the near chair belonged to Pookie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my near-dream office. An entire room in our house. It has a big closet, a big desk my daddy built years and years ago that has somehow ended up with me! =) A brand new mini leather file cabinet my parents got me for Christmas, 3 bookshelves, a white wicker chair for reading, bright colors, lots of framed pics....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of all y'all. What a beautiful work space. I only have a tiny table in the kitchen and my husband shoves aside my stacks to eat breakfast. I need more space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heee heee heeee...CJ, Peter does have to fight the cat for that chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My writing space is a corner of a retail store, behind the resilient flooring racks! I have my old kitchen table back there to spread out all my papers and research, and have the laptop set up on a tv tray around the corner. There's also an old (ugly) entertainment unit that holds my microwave (in the tv spot) and still has plenty of room for binders and writing books and whatever.

    That table is nearly always covered with papers and maps. I'd like to be tidier, but it never happens. At least I know which pile things are in :P

    ReplyDelete