Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Blessings


This Easter gave me some unexpected blessings. The service at our church was uplifting and encouraging. Music, corporate and individual, beautiful flowers, excellent fellowship. Like water on my thirsty soul.
Then lunch with family. The food was excellent, and my MIL was able to come for a little while. Her fight with cancer is entering a new stage, and trips anywhere but to the doctor are rare these days.
My kids wenton an Easter egg hunt, courtesy of Aunt Linda. Now, you might think that at 16 and 13 they are too old for an Easter egg hunt, but...I've decided you're never too old for an Easter egg hunt. It was fun, and therapeutic. The dads hid the eggs and the kids found them and the moms enjoyed watching.
Then, that evening, I went to Caribou for a visit with a friend. We enjoyed each other's company and I had an excellent Earl Grey. It was restful and encouraging. Just what I needed for the week ahead.
Were you encouraged by the Easter weekend? Did your dry soul get rained upon?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and good memories. We had a hunt too, and my 17-year-old had to do it (but wasn't allowed to pluck up any that were obvious.) Yep, never too old for a good hunt. I have to admit, even I got a little thrill when I'd spot an egg no one else had seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a nice dinner with the folks. Dessert was a chocolate frosted lamb cake. Highlight was sushi even you would love. Head over to the Heap to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo-hoo. We didn't have an egg hunt, but we enjoyed an uplifting Easter service and the company of our youngest son and his lovely wife. It rained most of the day, but was great snuggling weather.

    ReplyDelete