Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A gentle reminder


Earlier this week a friend sent me an email with lots of cool, interesting pictures. This was one of them. The sheer number of identical birds all in one place is staggering. Even more amazing is that one of them can take off into the water for awhile and come back and find their one true mate in the midst of a zillion birds that all look the same.
I am reminded that though there are billions of people on this earth and each person has more than their fare share of needs and troubles, that my Heavenly Father knows each one. He isn't taxed by trying to identify and juggle all these creatures. He knows my name, He knows the number of hairs on my head (and how many of them are gray) and He knows everything about my situation. He cares when I hurt, He rejoices when I grow, and He lifts me up when I fall.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes we get so mired in our own troubles, we forget. Things work out the way they were meant to be and all our wallowing does is make needless worry. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! God knows all the small details--except I might have Him stumped on the gray hair because I keep switching it up. LOL, jk, jk! He knows--two very comforting words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great reminder, Erica! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to double comment! But is there a way I can follow your blog? That way I will get posts to my dashboard when you post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Katie,

    I just put the follow widget on the sidebar at the bottom. Thanks for asking. I meant to do it before and like my normal self, I spaced it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Erica! I found it. :)

    ReplyDelete