Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Much Needed Manna

Okay, so I don't have a picture of manna. They're kinda hard to come by. So I chose this little heart-shaped sesame bread. Cute, isn't it?




This has been more than a slightly stressful year for me. Challenges erupted at every turn. Ones I would label "good" and ones I would label "bad" when they occurred, but in retrospect I can see were and are all for my good.



Last week, I took an online 'stress level' test. Some of the questions involved health issues for myself, health issues for family members, changes in lifestyle, changes in jobs. By the time I finished the test, it indicated that I had enough points added up to estimate that I had a 50% chance of having stress induced health issues. Wow. Good thing it was just a flukey online test and didn't factor in how big my God is, nor how amazing His peace, love, and care are. The test didn't ask a single question about prayer, faith, or hope.



A really cool God thing happened this week while we were waiting for my MIL to go into surgery, my pastor came to the hospital to visit and read Scripture and pray with us. When he started to read a passage from the Psalms, my heart rejoiced. With no prompting from me, he'd chosen Psalm chapter 9.



The verse that spoke to my heart was Psalm 9:10 And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee, for Thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.



Not only do I have a plaque with this verse on it hanging in my dining room, but this is the theme verse for the novel I am writing now. I have pondered this verse, meditated on its meaning, and contemplated its truths.



Though I hadn't prompted Pastor Kevin to share this verse--in fact, I wondered what he would read, as my MIL is not a religious woman--God knew just what I needed to feed my soul. Like the children of Israel in the wilderness, God brought just what they needed at the time they needed it.



Have you noticed the hand and heart of God in your life this week?

3 comments:

  1. I love God moments! That is so cool about your pastor choosing that verse to read. What affirmation! How is you MIL doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when God works that way. Subtle, yet unmistakable. He's so gracious to us. Yes, I had a God moment this week, and those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. Everyday. Right now looking at new possibilities. (-:

    ReplyDelete