Thursday, May 21, 2009

700 posts fast approaching!

Okay, so I never thought I'd get to the place where I had 700 blog posts. When I started OTWP in the spring of 2006, I had no idea where it would go, nor did I realize how much I would love blogging. It's neat to have a journal of my life, thoughts, and silly random stuff that occurs to me. I've never been a diarist, so having this blog has filled that slot in my life. (I've examined why I've never been big into keeping a diary/journal, and the only thing I can come up with is that I have a great aversion to writing in books. I have a hard time even underlining things in my Bible. It just goes against everything in me to write in a book. I can hardly even make pencil edits on a hard copy of a manuscript.)

Lord willing, June 5th will see the 700th blog post at OTWP. And how will I celebrate? By giving away books!

I'm giving away 10 books (pictured above) hoping to spread the word about great Christian Fiction and reward you faithful readers who are kind enough to read my rambling thoughts.

One Step Over the Border by Stephen Bly
A Shadow of Treason and
A Whisper of Freedom by Tricia Goyer
My Soul to Keep by Melanie Wells
Diamond Duo by Marcia Gruver
Fair Game and
A Bride So Fair by Carol Cox
Lightning and Lace by DiAnn Mills
Magdalene by Angela Hunt
A Love to Last Forever by Tracie Peterson

What a line-up. Great writers, great stories, and you can win them all. Imagine having a giant box of books show up on your doorstep. Ah, bliss!

What do you have to do to win?

1) Leave a comment on each new post between now and June 5th. That's 12 comments. Let me know you're out there. Writing can be a solitary pursuit, and it encourages me to know someone is reading.

2) Sometime between now and June 5th, in one of your comments, let me know what your favorite post at OTWP has been. Something writing related? Something wacky from the Friday Five? Scroll back through the archives and let me know what catches your eye.

3) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you if you should win.

That's it. From those names eligible, one of my offspring will draw a name from the Day-Glo Orange Hunting Cap and the winner will be announced June 8th.

Thank you all for reading, and thank you for your encouragement on this path. We've come a long way.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,
    Wow! 700 posts! That's amazing! Blogging has ended up being so much fun for me too! It's a great way to hone our writing skills--especially practice for writing fast and tight.

    Sounds like a fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful collection of books. I have only read one of the authors but I am working on branching out. I've only been reading your blog for a short time so I don't have much to choose from as far as favorites. I did like your post about the Flair, though. By Friday I usually need something extra to smile about and that made me laugh. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll bite and if I'm drawn out of the Big Orange Hat O' Providence, Ann will have some good reading for the summer.

    Now, if I can just think of some great landmark I'm about to hit... maybe 100 posts!? And what to give away? Oh, I know. A Dozen Sermon Audio Files from the Book of Ephesians. There we go. I'm set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, you are so generous!!!

    Wow, that will be a boxful of wonderful books, but don't enter me because I'd feel awful for the delivery expense it would take to send them all the way here if I should win. I'll watch for whoever does win to post reviews. That'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 700! All I want to say is keep on writing!

    One thing I always look forward to is the Friday Five.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 700. That's amazing. Congrats on the milestone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 700!! Blogging has opened up a whole new world for me! I'm slightly addicted now, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete