Monday, May 25, 2009

From The Compost Heap


This little list came from CJ's Compost Heap. The picture is one I took in northern Iowa on an Amish farm we were visiting for business. I chose the sheep picture because I'm a bit of a sheep when it comes to these kinds of 'all about you' posts. I see one and think, 'That would be fun!' and throw it on the blog.
What's your dream house?

The one I live in, when my husband and kids are home and happy.
Where would you be able to spend hours and be happy?
Caribou Coffee with Earl Grey and the laptop.

What's your favorite doughnut?
Bavarian Creme with chocolate icing from the Cub Bakery.

Do you know how to cook?
Yeah, but I don't take that skill out of the box very often.

Do you like icecream?
Um..YES.

Have you been in a close to death situation?
Yes, every time as a kid that I did something monstrously idiotic and my mom found out. :)

At what age do you want to die?
How about a ripe old one, though I don't really want to die, I want to be Raptured. :)

What is the color of your room?
Yellow with dark red drapes and bedspread.

How big is your house?
Not big enough when I'm having the New Year's Day Football, Food, and Fellowship Party, but way too big when I'm cleaning it.

What do expect for your future?

Good times, good times. :)

Do you have any allergies?
Paper tape and morphine.

How many times do you hug people in a week?
Lots of hugs with my immediate family, beyond that if you try to hug me you're risking bodily harm to yourself. Hugging people I'm not closely related to freaks me out. I make a few exceptions, like close friends I haven't seen in a long time, but it's always initiated by them.

Are you a facebook addict?
Not really, but I enjoy it
Do you believe in God?
With all my heart and a piece of my liver.

What is your fave type of underwear?
Clean

Do you like snow?
As long as I can stay home and watch it fall, yeah. If I have to be out in it, then NO!

Winter or summer?
Summer, summer, summer

When are weddings better when its cold or hot?
weddings in summer or winter are okay (I had a winter one). Weddings where both parties love each other and love Jesus are the best, regardless of the season.

What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
too many great things to count, though meeting my beloved has to rank way up there

Do you believe in ghosts?
Like Casper? No, Like spirits and demons, then, yes

How old are you?
Old enough to know better? 39.95 plus shipping and handling? Okay, I'm 40.
What is your favorite sport?
Whatever's on the tv that doesn't involve boxing or wrestling.

What was the last movie you saw?
Kung Fu Panda (again)

Copy and paste if you want to play and let me know.

7 comments:

  1. WooHoo! First to comment. Love the list. Not sure I'll copy it yet, but it'll be good for one of those "rainy day" moments where I actually have time to blog ahead. When a "good friend" (who will remain unnamed for the self-presevation of this blog) suggested I blog ahead in order to keep up to date, my brain caught big time, I nearly stumbled into a glass door of a local Caribou (there's a clue if ever there was one) and I said (using my best James T. Kirk/William Shatner voice), "What is this... blog ahead? Could it be a warning sign? Is it a distress signal from an alien culture?" Okay, I didn't say all that, but the attempt to blog ahead is nearly alien to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Love your answers, especially about waiting for the Rapture. One time I was talking to a mortician's assistant, who commented about how it's natural and everyone dies. I'm like, "Speak for yourself. I'm holding out for the Rapture." HAHA!!!

    Good times...good times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great list. I love that you're so honest (and funny)! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - you are halarious. I was seriously laughing out loud when I read your answers. Especially the clean underwear one and the "plus shipping and handling"

    I had to make two specific comments:

    Bavarian Creme with chocolate icing - I just had one this morning. There is nothing better!!

    Have you been in a close to death situation?

    Five years ago, I got hit in the mouth with a flying golf ball (a drive from the men's tee hit me at the women's tee) - I had to get 35 stitches and my broken jaw wired, and four root cannals. It was about as nasty as you could get. But if that ball would have been two inches up (my temple) or two inches down (my neck), I would have died. The kicker... my brother hit the ball!


    Thanks for sharing, Erica! It's so much fun getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the underwear answer. Too funny. And to clarify. Bavarian creme doesn't have icing. It's rolled in powdered sugar. You my dear, are intensely in love with a Boston Creme donut, donut with vanilla creme filling and a little bit of chocolate frosting. Just trying to educate the masses in The Land of Here There Be Dragons. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well CJ - you know your donut lingo - don't you? Then I'm in love with the one you said - the donut with chocolate icing and sprinkles and a whole lot of creamy goodness in the middle! Whatever that's called - that's what I love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the underwear answer--you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete