Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Power of Prayer


Thank you to the many people who have been lifting up my family in prayer. God's peace has been upon us, bearing us up, giving us strength, and making this journey easier.
I've received so many kind and caring words and gestures over the past several days. Thank you all. The Vetsch family has a couple of tough days ahead, but we know that the prayers of the saints surround us and that God knows our needs.
You are all a comfort to me. I am blessed.
This past week I prayed for something very specifically, and God answered me in an amazing way. I wish I could share the details, but suffice it to say, He had a mighty narrow window of opportunity to answer that prayer, and as always, His timing was flawless.
Have you ever had a very specific prayer answered in an amazing way?
Also, I'm sending birthday greetings to my SIL, Linda. You are my friend, my co-conspirator, and a sister of my heart. Though we're walking through some tough times now, we will set aside some time to celebrate your birthday soon.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it cool when we can actually "see" an answered prayer? While I know that God hears every prayer and answers them (not always the way we think), it's really affirming when we get a taste of his miraculous answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I'm so glad you are feeling covered in prayer during this time, Erica! I've seen God answer prayers very specifically too, and it's always wonderful to witness.

    This is on a very small scale, but just proves God cares about the details of our lives. But lately, in the morning, if I pray for more writing time, Brogan takes these wonderfully long naps during the day. I don't think it's a coincidence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there to walk through with you, but know that I'm with you in spirit. Praise God for answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It warms my heart to hear how much you and your family are resting in God during this time. I've had a very specific prayer answered in my life before (a miracle, really) and it changed my life significantly. I'll keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday the Lord answered a very general prayer request of protection for our family in a very specific miraculous way. Isn't God good for answering our prayers (both specific & general).
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God for answered prayers, Erica.

    And a happy birthday to your SIL from me way over in Canada too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rejoicing with you! And I appreciate your transparency in good times and bad. May your burdens be lighter each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walking with you from a distance.

    ReplyDelete