Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Summer Fun


This is a picture of a GIANT green moth my son found. That's my son's grubby hand. Thanks to Aunt Linda for taking the picture for him. My boy is a bit of a naturalist/collector. On the ledge under my picture window--his territory--he has piled rocks, bird's nests, walnut shells, pine cones, and other flora, fauna, and fascinating stuff. It's his collection. I'm always amazed at what catches his eye as we go on walks. Little bits of this or that, things I pass over without ever noticing. But he picks it up, studies it, and brings it home.
Isn't God amazing? I never would've made anything like this sparkling, lime-green moth, but He did. And a zillion other things that bless our world. And I certainly never would've picked it up! That's why God made little boys! But I am reminded each time James brings home another treasure: stop and look closely at the things we often pass over.
Just a couple more days until the 700th post! :)

8 comments:

  1. Very inquisitive! And what a beautiful moth! My son is only seven months old - but he studies things (like his hands or a string) as if they were the most intriguing thing a person could ever find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much one for creep crawly things, but the moth is a lovely shade of green. I've never seen a moth that color.

    700 posts. Where did the time go? Yeah, I know. Blogging. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing moth! I've never seen one like that. We only get the ugly ash-colored ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thing was amazing! Never seen such a huge moth before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterflies and moths--love 'em. I'm a nature girl. And your son's fingernails look like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That moth is HUGE. I saw one sort of like that at the Butterfly Pavillion here a few months back. There were other ickier bugs there, too. Ickier? I think I'm just making up words this morning. It's wonderful that your son takes the time to enjoy bits of nature like that! Both my daughters are pretty much all about rocks right now, but they're still young :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, James. Really cool moth. I've only ever seen a couple of others even close to that big. At first they startle you, but then, you marvel at God's handiwork in making a bug... really, a bug; I mean, we're talking about bugs here... He made it that spectacular.


    Now, go wash your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful!! Our kids have a way of showing us many new things, don't they. I love them for it!

    ReplyDelete