Friday, July 03, 2009

The Friday Five - With Betsy!



Today I have the honor of hosting Betsy St. Amant!

This week marks the debut of Betsy's Love Inspired title Return To Love.


Back cover copy: "I'm not the man I used to be!" - if only Gracie Broussard could believe that. Years ago, Carter Alexander broke her heart and betrayed her. Now, just when she needs him most, he's back -- asking her to believe he's changed. But this time, its not just Gracie who'll be hurt if he disappears. A penguin keeper, Gracie urgently needs to find a new home for her beloved birds. Carter is the only one who can help. He promises that she can trust him, that he's not the rebel he once was. And that he needs Gracie as much as her birds do.


About the Author: Betsy St. Amant lives in Louisiana and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. Her contemporary romance RETURN TO LOVE is under contract with Steeple Hill Love Inspired for a July 2009 release, and the sequel A VALENTINE’S WISH is contracted for a February 2010 release. Betsy has also been published in the Christian Communicator magazine and Praise Reports: Inspiring Real Life Stories of How God Answers Prayer. One of her short stories, Kickboxing or Chocolate, appears in a Tyndale compilation book, and she is also multi-published through The Wild Rose Press. Betsy has a B.A. in Christian Communications and regularly contributes articles to Crosswalk.com. Betsy is a wife, author, new mother, and avid reader who enjoys sharing the wonders of God’s grace through her stories.
You can visit Betsy on the web at: http://www.betsy-ann.blogspot.com/
If you'd like to purchase Return To Love, click HERE.
I've known Betsy for a couple of years. I was so excited when she got her first book, Midnight Angel, published, and when she signed with her agent. And then came the fabulous news that she'd signed with Steeple Hill's Love Inspired line. Celebrations galore! Then there was the news of her baby girl's birth and all the exciting things that have come along since. Betsy has a heart for the Lord, for writing, and for shoes!
Because it's Friday, I asked Betsy if she would post a Friday Five for us. So without further ado...HERE'S BETSY!




Here is my Friday Five, in honor of the setting of my release!!!

Five Things That Have Happened To Me In New Orleans (over various trips of my life)

1. Sang with my youth choir in front of Jackson Square and attempted witnessing to a pyschic at their booth in front of the Cathedral.
2. Shared ONE hotel room with my parents and my boyfriend! (haha, memories!)
3. Watched the penguin feeding time at the Aquarium of the American, and touched a baby shark.
4. Ate a beignet from Cafe Dumond and had white powder sucked up my nose.
5.Was proposed to on the back of the Steamboat Natchez (hence the reason my parents were on the trip with us - chaperones, so he could propose and spend a fun weekend with me! They came along and were in on all of it! Good times.)

12 comments:

  1. Just read about Betsy over on Eileen's blog too! How exciting to hear of a first release! It's so inspiring for those of us yet to reach that point! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Betsy! Looking forward to many more LI's from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! That's awesome Betsy! God's really doing some awesome things in your life right now! Congrats on the baby girl. I'm off to go look at your website.

    Thanks for the post, Erica! I always like meeting a new author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun proposal! How sweet! The Friday 5's really are reveaing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very romantic proposal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Betsy! You're story is so inspiring. All the best with your book, your writing career and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new book, Betsy! What a great proposal. New Orleans is such a wacky, fun, romantic city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Betsy!! I heard about your good news with Steeple Hill a few months ago and can't wait to buy your book.

    Enjoy your little girl and this exciting time in your life!

    Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up my copy of Betsy's book a couple of days ago. Love the title! And love your Friday Five, Betsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He proposed on the back of the paddlewheeler? How romantic!

    In all the times I've had beignets at Cafe du Monde I've never managed to suck powdered sugar up my nose.

    And only in New Orleans can you witness to a psychic in front of a cathedral. I think it's hilarious that they're now restricted to the side of the square directly in front of the cathedral.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your debut.

    I want to do this-->beignet from Cafe Dumond (I omitted the sucked powerdered sugar part)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got my copy of Return to Love yesterday, and WOW, thud...that is me falling to the floor in a swoon after reading about Carter Alexander.

    And I love the penguin named Gumbo. :)

    ReplyDelete