1. I craved Oranges. A. Lot. Of. Oranges. I asked the doctor if there was anything in oranges that would hurt my unborn baby. He said "No." and gave me a strange look. Then "how many oranges are we talking?"
"Six, maybe more a day. One at each meal and one for a snack in between each meal."
He laughed and said "Be glad it's oranges. For some women it's Snickers bars."
I thought Heather was going to be born with a peel on her head. :)
2. Morning sickness. EW. Had it.
3. My husband started practicing his dad jokes -- you know, the ones that are so bad you have to groan, then laugh because dad thinks he's so funny? Peter practiced his dad jokes for months before Heather was born.
4. The smaller the infant is, the more STUFF they need. Crib, changing table, baby clothes, diapers, pacifiers, diaper bags, toys, travel crib, stroller, car seat, high chair, walker, etc. The list of stuff to get before the baby arrived was tyrranizing.
5. Toxemia...no fun. Swell up like the Michelin Tire Man, go to hospital where doctors frown and look at monitors and take blood pressures, then suddenly decide to race down the hall for an emergency C-section.
How about you? Anything interesting happen when you were expecting your first?