I have a friend who is using The FlyLady system to get her house company clean. She started out slow, and is now almost through the fluttering stage to the flying stage. She's got one more room to reclaim from CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome.)
So, I was thinking about my own house. Admittedly, I'm not the world's greatest housekeeper. There's not a lot of clutter (unless you count my husband's side of the desk - but that's HIS problem) but I don't make a fetish of housekeeping. Company can drop in at any time, but they might find a basket of laundry in the living room waiting to be folded, or that my dining room floor needs swept.
This past year, in order to keep abreast of the housekeeping tasks while juggling several other jobs, I decided to deep clean one closet or hidden area a month.
So, today's Friday Five is:
Five things you'll find in my closets.
1. Puzzles and Games. I have a whole closet devoted to this. It was originally going to be a coat closet, but we've found it much handier to toss coats on the balustrade when folks come in.
2. SHOES. I've got a boatload of shoes in my bedroom closet. Shoes for all seasons. Black, brown, blue, and my favorite Red. :)
3. A pet carrier. I bought the smallest size pet carrier because I have a small cat. I should've bought a bigger one, as there would be more room to get her into the box (she resists this procedure) and when folks who have larger cats want to borrow it, it would work better for them.
4. My wedding dress. My mother made my wedding dress. It's so pretty.
5. Christmas ornaments. I have several boxes of Christmas decorations.
Soooo, what's in your closet?