Friday, July 24, 2009

The Friday...Eight?

Thank you to Jill Kemerer, for awarding me the Honest Scrap award. The rules are simple:
So the rules of the Honest Scrap award are to reveal Eight Honest Things about me.
1. I love to watch sports on tv. Any sport except wrestling or boxing. I think it's as much about the individual languages of the sport, like hogline, sweeper, hammer, oxer, liverpool, aero-loose, bump draft, weak-side blitz, off-side, forecheck, crease, etc. (That covered curling, show jumping, stock car racing, football, and hockey.) as it is about the competition itself.
2. It takes all day for my hair to dry, it's so thick and curly.
3. When I was a teen, I wanted to be a nurse. Then I wanted to be a teacher. Never was a nurse, but teacher I got. :)
4. I keep a Tide To Go pen in my purse because I'm famous for dropping something down my front when I go out to eat.
5. The first car I drove was a Ford Galaxy 500, so big it needed an anchor to slow it down. It was turquoise and had an engine bigger than my dining room table.
6. I love red geraniums.
7. I love bic crystal pens. They are the only kind I use. Blue, not black.
8. I love my church, Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church. We really are a family, and our goal is to shine the glory and love of Jesus to those around us. I don't always accomplish this, but I'm trying.
So my nominees for the Honest Scrap Award are:

8 comments:

  1. What a week for awards! Congrats again! And I love learning more about each of my blogging friends through the awards! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Erica! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Friday 8?! You totally threw me. As a creature of habit, my day is now out of whack =P

    I need one of those Tide to Go pens!!! I also am a front dropper while eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously, you and I just couldn't be limited to "five" things today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Especially number 7 and 8. I went to an eve free church for 7 years when I lived in Madison. It was an AWESOME church. :) Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep Shout Wipes in my purse! Food is attracted to my clothing.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine you being a sports fanatic (-;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award, Erica. What an honor! Now, I'm on my way to the store for a Tide to Go pen. When my mother-in-law spilled something on herself, she'd sprinkle some talcum powder to absorb it. Yep, it really works but who in the world carries talcum powder around with them?

    ReplyDelete