Tuesday, August 04, 2009

August Goals

It's the beginning of another month, so it's time to reevaluate those goals.

So, I'll just plunge right in.

1. Finish Lily and the Lawman, the writing and editing.
The writing is finished. Now I need to edit it. Look out, crit girls, it's coming soon.


2. Complete whatever edits on pending books with Heartsong as may arrive this month.
For the next year or so, this will be a constant on my goal list. Galley proofs for The Bartered Bride were returned July 31st. Waiting on a content edit for two other novels and the copy edit for one.
3. Piece together two proposals, one for another Heartsong series, and one for a trade-length series.
So far, so good. I've got two proposals almost finished, and another one simmering along.

4. Begin work on Maggie and the Maverick.
This is going to be my NaNo Novel this year, so I will need to devote quite a bit of October to getting it all plotted and ready to go.

5. Attend ACFW Denver.
I'm getting so very excited. I'm super excited to be able to combine some research along with the conference on this trip.

6. Prepare and teach a workshop at the Wisconsin Christian Writer's Conference. I'm excited about this conference. One day in Baraboo, Wisconsin, meeting new friends and talking writing.

7. Enjoy some summertime activities with the family.
We're having a great time, day trips to museums, staying up late, sleeping in a bit. A much needed rest.


How are you doing on your summer goals?

10 comments:

  1. I like hearing your goals, Erica. It's interesting to see how an author with so many things to do balances it all! You have to keep writing while you're editing other books and plotting new ones! So, has writing become a full time endeavor since you got your contract? I'd be curious to hear if any writer can keep it part time once they're contracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the goals! REmotivates me to write up my own August goals...I've been sort of slacking in the goal department this past week and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted your goals. Now that summer is almost over I'm starting to realize how much I need to get myself organized. Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! You're really making it happen :D I'm looking forward to reading Lily and the Lawman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with katie, figuratively and literally. we need to get back to writing in our weekly goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to Maggie and the Maverick. Just wish Nov. wasn't so far off! (-;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody, I don't always do a good job of balancing things. And learning to have more than one project going at a time is something I"m still getting used to as well. I do have a spreadsheet to tell me what book is at what stage in the pipeline, and I'm continually amazed at how I can drop into the storyworld I created, then hop out and jump into another. I can't say that I'm full time, not with the homeschooling and the company bookwork that I'm responsible for, but it's more than part time, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, all it takes these days to get me motivated is watching that ticker in the sidebar go down, down, down!

    Cindy, this summer has just flown! Good luck getting things organized and tackled.

    Georgiana, that's coming soon. As soon as I finish these other proposals, LatL is headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanne, it's so great that you and Katie have each other to motivate and encourage.

    CJ, I was dreaming about Maggie last night. A good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, with all that I really do hope you can enjoy some Summer, Erica! You deserve it!

    Looking forward to meeting you in person in Denver!

    ReplyDelete