Sunday, August 09, 2009

New Scrapbook Pages


My daughter, Heather, is putting together a scrapbook for me of my writing journey. I've posted about it Here and Here.

A couple weeks ago, Heather added some scrapbooks pages to my author scrapbook. This first page is the article that appeared in my church newsletter, October 2008. The oval on the upper left reads "Dare to believe in the reality of your dreams." The paper is dark brown with some lady-slipper type flowers in the lower left corner.




This page with the purple background is from the December 13th, 2008 Rochester Post Bulletin newspaper. They did an article on NaNoWriMo. There are stickers that look like typewriter keys, and the orange note has a special meaning.

It says "Happy NaNoing. Love you, Your Sweetie." My husband slipped it into my closed laptop just before he went to bed one night, knowing I was going to be up and away early the next morning to the library to work. Imagine my surprise when I opened the laptop and found his note. I've got such a supportive husband. He even cheers me on when I do something off the wall like NaNo.

This final spread is from the June 2009 edition of Guideposts magazine. The article is entitled It Takes a Family, and is about my first weeks as a diabetic. Heather included basketball stickers, the photographer's business card, and the entire article, along with all the photos and the cover.





So, how are you archiving your writing journey? Are you a scrapbook-er? Are you like me and love the pages, but don't feel you have much vision for scrapbooking?

13 comments:

  1. way cool, erica. i was lucky enough to win keli gwyn's monthly scrapbook giveaway...and it's for your first sale. here's to hoping i fill it! but what a great idea to do your whole writing journey! the pages look great...your daughter is obviously very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of archiving my writing. What a great idea. You'd think I would have thought of this too as I am a mad keen scrapbooker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd done this when I first started writing. I have stuff but it would just take too much effort to find it all and put it in a scrapbook. {{sigh}} color me lazy!
    I love seeing pics of your scrapbook. You're an excellent blogger and Heather is an excellent scrapbooker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome scrapbook! I love your family and I haven't even met them yet! Your daughter sounds like one special young woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such an awesome idea! I love scrapbooking but it takes so much time--time I find I don't have much of now. Great idea to archive the writing journey, however. It would be wonderful to look back on in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a HUGE scrapbooker!!!!!!! But have not documented any of my writing yet. Very cool that your daughter is doing this for you!!!

    I have not done any scrapping in a while and I have sooooooo much stuff piled up!!! I am finishing up one last final edit before my ms goes to my editor...so I think I will take a week and scrap as a reward to myself before moving on to my next project and before my next round of edits start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your scrapbook. What a kid Heather must be!

    I have a notebook w/ plastic sleeve type pages where I've put every writing certificate or award along w/ all my magazine articles. Not as fancy as yours, but a nice look at my journey. It's a good place to go for a pick-me-up when I'm feeling dismal about my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so neat. And what a great way for your daughter to be involved--very loving!

    As for me, I guess the ol' blog is the closest thing I have to documenting my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I haven't scrapbooked my journey, but now I want to!! Your daughter is awesome! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie, how fun about Keli Gwyn's scrapbook giveaway. I hope you get to use it soon!

    Tabitha, post pics on your blog of your scrapbook pages. I'd love to see them. :)

    Hey, Jess, you'd need lots of scrapbooks for all your writing successes. :)

    Katie, I'm horribly biased, but yeah, she's an amazing lady. I can't wait for you to meet the whole crew.

    Cindy, I think one of the benefits of being a total novice at the scrapbooking...we don't know how long it needs to take, and we just slap it together in any way that suits us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie, what a fun reward, and congrats on getting your edits done! :)

    Carla, I've used the scrapbook to bolster my spirits from time to time. :)

    Georgiana, your blog is a great scrapbook. It's got a great plot.

    Jill, when you do scrapbook, post pictures. I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great keepsake and a great memory for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!! I love it! My mom is an AVID scrapbooker. I wish I had the time but I know better! Something would be sacrificed, like showering.

    ReplyDelete