Friday, September 04, 2009

The Friday Five - It is Here!


Yay! Today I pick up my folks from the airport for a week-long visit! YAYAYAY! I haven't seen them in sooooo long.
So, today's Friday Five is:
Five things I love about my parents:
1. They are a lot of fun together. My dad has this one laugh that absolutely slays my mom. It's a parody of the laugh of a guy he grew up with, and when he does it, we all fall out laughing, but my mom most of all.
2. They love each other. While they are here, they will celebrate their 43rd wedding anniversary. And they are still head-over-heels.
3. They are a font of spiritual wisdom. Each in their own way provides godly encouragement, correction, prayer support, and guidance. I am a blessed woman to have been raised by people who not only know Jesus as their Savior, but make Him a priority in their lives.
4. They are willing to sacrifice for their children and grandchildren. Whether it was working an extra job to send us to a Christian school, or helping pay for college, or even uprooting their lives in Kansas to move to Florida to help my sister raise her kids after my sister's husband died, they are ready and willing to go the extra mile for their kids.
5. I also love their individual quirks. I love how my dad calls me up to tell me what the weather is...where I live. He's a weather channel and on-location-web-cam addict. He watches and check the weather in MN, checks the downtown Rochester web-cam, then gives me a ring. :) I also love how my mom has a wonderful sense of color and style and decorates her home so beautifully. I have a hard time moving beyond "single picture in center of bare wall." Not so my mom. She can put together the most interesting and beautiful wall-scapes. Her home is gorgeous and yet well-lived in and homey.
So, what do you love about your parents?

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful visit! They sound incredible! My mom just left our house after a two week visit, and we're all in mourning here. She's awesome too. Cherish your time together! Hope you got lots done so that you can relax during their visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome time with your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great time with your parents. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time with your folks. And a happy anniversary to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your parents sound wonderful! It's refreshing to hear that you have such a good relationship with them. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your parents! #2 is so true, and it is neat to see. They have always been so great to me and are just fun to be around. Uncle Jim is about the sweetest teddy bear on earth, and I love Aunt Dusty's quick wit and sense of humor! Have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5 reminds me of my parents. My dad was a weather watcher. It's what I miss most about him. Go give you dad a hug for me.
    My mother loves decorating -- people and homes. I can remember she always told me when I was a teen that "greens don't clash. Greens do NOT clash." Well... she hasn't convinved me yet, but i did see some strange greens on Project Runway last night that looked pretty good. :-) Enjoy your folks and tell them happy anniversary from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun with your parents! They sound wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete