Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It is Here! It is Here!!!!

I can finally unveil the cover art for my debut novel: The Bartered Bride. Heartsong Presents Romance #875

I LOVE IT! The colors, the piano, the flowers, everything. So perfect for the story. My heroine is a pianist, and the hero sends her roses.

Here's a summary from the back cover:

Jonathan Kennebrae is furious when his grandfather informs him that his future has been decided. He will marry Melissa Brooke or be disinherited. Jonathan has invested years of his life in Kennabrae Shipping, but heaven help him if Grandfather decides to take it all away for this.

Melissa, too, is devastated when her parents make their announcement. As little more than a bargaining chip in her father’s business maneuvers, she feels her secure world slipping away. Engaged to marry a man she has never met—someone “considerably older” than herself? What have her parents done?

Can Jonathan and Melissa find a way out of this loveless marriage, or must they find a way forward together?

One of my favorite exerpts from the book:

“My wife and I,” Almina had joined Lawrence Brooke, tucking her arm into his elbow and beaming on the crowd, her gaze lingering longest on Jonathan and Melissa. “Are pleased to announce the engagement of our daughter, Melissa, to Mr. Jonathan Kennebrae. Please join us in congratulating the happy couple.” He lifted the glass in their direction. A polite wave of applause welled up.
Melissa stood, knocking her chair over onto the grass. She put her hand to her mouth, turning her head wildly from Jonathan to her parents, then back again. Jonathan rose slowly, easing up on numb legs.
“Kennebrae?” She whispered so low he had to stoop to hear her. “Your name is Kennebrae?”
“Of course it is. What else would it be?”
She blinked, staring at him. “But, I thought—” Her throat spasmed as she tried to swallow. “I thought…”
He caught her just before she hit the grass in a dead faint.



I'm so excited. The book starts shipping in about two weeks. There's still time to pre-order your copy by clicking HERE or calling (740) 922-7280.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Erica. Looking forward to reading it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaay, grats. it looks nice too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, yay! What a beautiful cover. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to read the book :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the cover!!! It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so very exciting!! It looks great, and sounds great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. thanks for the order link. I just ordered two, so I can do a giveaway on my blog. My crit. partner's Pleasant Surprises comes out the same day as yours, so I ordered two of hers too. My TBR pile is really growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, all, and thank you Eileen! How super! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful..... congrats.... wow and hip hip horray! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!!! It looks beautiful!! And I absolutely can't wait to read it! You teased me and left me dying to read more! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squeee! The cover is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are all in for SUCH a TREAT!!!

    Erica, the cover is perfect. I'm so happy for you. And JoAnne tells me I'm getting book 3 in a week or two...! Can't wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous!

    How's the weather on Cloud 9?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoo hoo!!! I can't wait until my copy arrives in the mail. Thanks for teasing us with the exerpt- now I really can't wait to read it! I love the cover art and seeing your name on the top is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erica, What an AMAZING cover. Goosebumps here at seeing your name right there at the top. I'm so happy for you and this milestone in your life--your firstborn literary child.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! *throws confetti* What a gorgeous cover, and that teaser is just phenomenal. Looks like a great read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cover!!! And I love, love, love arranged marriage books. This one looks so good! Are you beyond excited, or what?? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

    I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

    SQUEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooohoo! Congratulations Erica! Your excerpt is great and while it's not necessarily a marriage of convenience, it's still the kind of plot I love to read! Enjoy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete