Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Posting Schedule for September


Because this month is wicked busy, I'm going to be scheduling the rest of the month's posts in advance. For September, the posts will look like this:


Monday - A Genre

Tuesday - A Genre

Wednesday - Wordless Wednesday (A photo, no text, just caption it for me. Tell me what it makes you think of.)

Thursday - A Genre

Friday - The Friday Five


So, Genre? I realize as I look at my bookshelf, that I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to reading fiction. I love most kinds. There are some that are definite favorites, but when I peruse my many hundreds of books, I realize that I have everything from Horror to Historical Romance, from Mystery to Chick-Lit. So, I thought I'd take the time to share with you the definitions of the various genres and sub-genres, as well as some of my favorite books in these categories. I hope you'll share with me your likes and dislikes in these genres, and in so doing, maybe we'll each find a new favorite author or genre.
To get the ball rolling--do you have any favorite genres? Any you steer clear of?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan for the month! You're brave to keep posting everyday!

    My favorite genre is historical romance. But every once in a while I'll read a contemp if it's well written. I also read LOTS of children and youth books. In the process of reading Little Women with my children right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite genre is dead, dead, dead (according to editors): chick lit. Ahhh, I miss a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Erica!

    I read the occasional romance, but I love contemporary, women's, and Southern fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love inspirational romance, but I do read a lot of other genres. I hardly ever read historical a few years ago, but it's really growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're so organized. I don't read any historicals. Used to when I was young, but now my reading is a mix of NF, Romantic Suspense, mystery and Women's Fiction. I never could get into chick-lit-- I think it's because I really don't like reading first person. I feel horrible about that too. :) Really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My genre of choice is Southern Fiction or mainstream (what we call general or women's fiction in CBA). I like a good mystery once in a while, but I burned out on them after reading several thousand. Now, it has to be a true mystery, not a cozy. I've read a few historicals that took my breath away, but not what I normally pick up.

    I love anything set in the fifties and sixties (not sure if that's a genre - maybe nostalgia?).

    And the chick lit of yesteryear has sort of morphed into contemporary and/or romantic comedy. There are still some delightfully funny books out there.

    See you next week in Denver! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like you, Erica. I'm not much of a fan of sci-fi, fantasy, or horror though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the picture idea! How fun! My favorite genre...hmmmm...

    I really love Literary Fiction and I really love contemporary romance. Those would be my two favs.

    ReplyDelete