Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another Step Along The Way



Another step along the way to holding The Bartered Bride in my hands. (I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about it by now.)


My editor sent me a packet of Cover Flats yesterday. (Cover flat = cover of book before it is folded and fastened to the book.)


I can use them as post cards, in promotions, and I'm planning on framing one for my office.


Author Kim Vogel Sawyer said one way she keeps herself motivated (even after all the books she's written) is that she frames each cover and hangs them in her office, but she always leaves one frame empty. That's for the NEXT book. Pretty cool, huh?


On another topic, I'm working on a proposal for a new series, and I'm reading research books. I just finished one that was fabulous. Well written, very well documented, and so informative.


Army Wives on the American Frontier: Living by the Bugles by Anne Bruner Eales.


I learned so much from this book, and I can't wait to use that knowledge to really deepen the setting and story for Lucy Hancock and Haddon Thompson. They won't know what hit them!

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I thought I'd be able to hear you squee in Iowa, but I didn't. You should have squeed louder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new series and cover flaps--You're so lucky! I love the empty frame idea. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of empty frames... I wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again I think your cover is just beautiful. Framing your cover an awesome way to motivate yourself and preserve something that means a lot to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I didn't get cover flats, but they did give me postcards. At first I was like, "I don't know how I'll use all these." Now I have, like, 50 left, so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cover...and what a great display idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome!!!!! My book is being epublished...so no cover flaps for me....but I will still have a digital cover that I think I will have to print up and frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celebrating along with you as the anticipation builds. Thanks for passing along the great "empty-frame" motivation technique. So, what do you do if you run out of wall space? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of cover flats before. That would fit in a scrapbook.

    Waiting "patiently" with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cover flat, huh? I like the idea of framing those and leaving one empty frame on the wall. Very cool. The book will follow soon!

    ReplyDelete