This week is Five Things I Love About Being Home From Vacation
1. My own bed. There's just something about my own mattress, pillows, and covers that makes me sleep well. We were in 8 different hotels and one friend's house on our vacation.
2. My laptop is once again all mine. On the vacation, the daughter needed the laptop for schoolwork, and the DH needed it to check hotel rates, museum hours, email, and maps. They kept logging me out of my email account, my FB page, etc. They turned off my favorites list on my browser. I just like my computer to be my computer.
3. My cat. She LOVES me, and boy howdy, did she miss me. She's been my constant companion for the past week. She's more vocal than ever before, and more tolerant of my mushing on her.
4. Caribou Coffee's Earl Grey. I got to go back to my familiar haunt (insert Cheers theme song here) and the baristas knew me, made my Earl Grey, invited me to sample a new tea. It was soooo like slipping into a favorite pair of slippers and your ratty old comfy robe.
5. Getting back to work. This week I finished the content edits on Clara and the Cowboy and sent those in. It felt so good after three weeks away from writing to get back to work.
So, what do you like best about being home and your daily routine?
Also, on a side note:
I'm currently setting up a blog tour for The Bartered Bride for the month of November. I've been so encouraged by the responses. If you would be interested in featuring The Bartered Bride on your blog, please leave me a way to contact you in the comments section and I'll send you the info. You'll get a copy of the book and a copy to give away if you would like. I'm willing to do interviews or guest blogs, or you can just post the book information.
I'll post a list of the blog sites and dates as November draws nearer.