Friday, October 02, 2009

The Friday Five


This week is Five Things I Love About Being Home From Vacation
1. My own bed. There's just something about my own mattress, pillows, and covers that makes me sleep well. We were in 8 different hotels and one friend's house on our vacation.
2. My laptop is once again all mine. On the vacation, the daughter needed the laptop for schoolwork, and the DH needed it to check hotel rates, museum hours, email, and maps. They kept logging me out of my email account, my FB page, etc. They turned off my favorites list on my browser. I just like my computer to be my computer.
3. My cat. She LOVES me, and boy howdy, did she miss me. She's been my constant companion for the past week. She's more vocal than ever before, and more tolerant of my mushing on her.
4. Caribou Coffee's Earl Grey. I got to go back to my familiar haunt (insert Cheers theme song here) and the baristas knew me, made my Earl Grey, invited me to sample a new tea. It was soooo like slipping into a favorite pair of slippers and your ratty old comfy robe.
5. Getting back to work. This week I finished the content edits on Clara and the Cowboy and sent those in. It felt so good after three weeks away from writing to get back to work.
So, what do you like best about being home and your daily routine?
Also, on a side note:
I'm currently setting up a blog tour for The Bartered Bride for the month of November. I've been so encouraged by the responses. If you would be interested in featuring The Bartered Bride on your blog, please leave me a way to contact you in the comments section and I'll send you the info. You'll get a copy of the book and a copy to give away if you would like. I'm willing to do interviews or guest blogs, or you can just post the book information.
I'll post a list of the blog sites and dates as November draws nearer.

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE being home from vacation. My favorite thing from returning from Denver? Cuddling with my son and my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bed and MY shower. Ther eis no place like home there is no place like home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like vacation to make you appreciate your bed again. And your own bathroom.

    Steve and I share a computer--and we both work from home. Once that crazy home in Chicago sells, my goal is to get my own computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE being home. Clean bed, clean sheets. I'm a germophobe (how sp?) and I get the willies thinking about what's on hotel sheets. {snort} pleasant thought for the day.

    PS. I'm glad you're back because I don't like when you have to share your computer either. It's hard on all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best part of being home. My stuff arranged my way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica, I love being home from vacation, too--especially because I get to sleep in my own bed!

    I'd love to feature your book on my blog! The excerpt you posted earlier in the week sounds great. My email is wilsoncindyr(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much of a traveler...love coming home to my dogs on those rare occasions I take a trip. I always worry about them when I'm gone.

    I have a smaller readership, but if you're interested, I'd love for you to do a guest post on my blog (and a giveaway would be stellar). You can click into my profile for both my blog address and email address - just let me know if you're interested. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list matches mine. Bed, cat, tea, laptop all mine. Nice!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bed and family and pets are always what I love to come home to too.

    Tour? Looking forward to Nov. 30th with you on my blog, Erica!!! No beheading, though, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:44 PM

    East or West, home is best!
    My favorite thing since coming home is my own room. I'm such an introvert, and sharing all those hotel rooms was getting to me. Love having my own computer too. :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, I being reunited with family is the best! I got to bring mine with me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tabitha,

    My own bathroom...so very important. And having my bathroom attached to the master and NOT sharing the room with my kids...very, very important.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sally, still praying that house will sell!

    A new computer! That would be the bomb! Not that sharing isn't nice...but... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. G- EW with the hotel sheets.

    And yeah, I was suffering from withdrawals! I love my cyber community.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CJ, that's the truth. I love being surrounded by my own things, and knowing where stuff is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cindy, thank you! Can't wait to visit your blog.

    I've slept so great these past few days...except for the cat crying outside my door early each morning because she wants to make sure that I haven't gone away again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jamie, I worried about my kitty while I was gone. I worried that she might hold a grudge when I got home, but I guess I was gone long enough that she decided she loved me so much she wouldn't be mad about my being gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jill, hope you have a lovely weekend too. I'm off to date nite soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eileen, I promise, no beheading! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, Heather-weather-bear!

    I could tell you were craving alone time. Wonder what will happen when you have roomies at college next year?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. my cat, who treats me more like staff than family most days, won't leave my side when I've been gone several days. I must admit, it feels so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree, Alex, it does feel great. My cat, who rejoices in the name of Pookie, is still smarming me with rubs, purrs, and extraneous cat hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like my own bed, especially after the last vacation we took. We were gone for 18 nights....9 nights were at friends' or families' houses, the other 9....well....9 of us slept in our 12 passenger van in state and national park campgrounds. Talk about needing some alone time! :) It was also very nice to be home so we didn't have to live out of Rubbermaid totes stored in a trailer. I'm still hoping to get pictures put on facebook pretty soon. Don't get me wrong...we had a wonderful vacation, but we were all glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yikes, Vera!

    I don't camp. I am such a diva. My idea of roughing it is to play at the lake all day, then go to the holiday inn and whine that the soap is too harsh on my skin! LOL

    blessings upon you for camping out, and I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Erica, we do enjoy camping, but we about pushed our limit on this trip. We just can't stand to pay for 2 hotel rooms...gets expensive pretty fast. Campgrounds are a lot cheaper (especially ones in state & national parks).

    Yes, the pictures will come eventually. I think between all the cameras we took over 2000 pictures. It just takes awhile to sort through them. I don't want to upload all of them, and I don't think you want to see all 2000 pictures.

    ReplyDelete