Friday, October 30, 2009

The Friday Five


Okay, so a little while ago, my friend, Katie Ganshert, gave me Five Random Words. The deal is, you have to say what each random word makes you think of.
So, here are my words:
1. s'mores, ICK! I don't like s'mores. Love the chocolate, like the graham crackers, don't like marshmallows at all!
2. satisfaction, This was a hard one. All I can think of is the song. You know the one I mean...it's going through your head right now!
3. outer space, When I was a kid, I liked the Jerry Lewis movie Way, Way Out. Jerry went to outer space as an astronaut. Now I can't imagine why I liked the film. :P
4. shots, I got a lot of shots as a kid. And the nurse, Lucy, always gave them. I loved my pediatrician, Dr. Gans, who looked just like Col. Sanders, but I was not so fond of Lucy. Years later, I met Lucy in a store downtown, and my heart still lurched.
5. crutch, Once I broke my ankle and had to use crutches. Man, is that a drag. The first day, you spend all your upright time hanging on the crutches by your armpits. And the second day, OUCH! Your armpits are killing you!
This is the last day to visit me at http://ponyexpressgraphics.blogspot.com/ Thank you, so much, CJ, for having me on your blog this week. It's been a blast!

10 comments:

  1. LOL Thanks for sharing Erica. I love that satisfaction song too. Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not fond of marshmallows either (Though my friend, Lambie, makes awesome home-made marshmallows that are to die for) Guess we can just have the melty chocolate and graham crackers and call the concoction Sm'less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that song is going to be in my head! Loved chatting last night! You're one awesome chick, you know that? :)

    P.S. What kind of person doesn't like s'mores, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... what are s'mores???

    A girl from OZ has to know...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like marshmallows either. Loved them as a kid, but I have a more sophisticated pallet now. HAHA! Not really, but I still don't like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post! I really don't like marshmallows either and I had to do the whole crutch thing, too. Ugh. Fortunately not lots of shots. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have that tune stuck in my head while wanting so hard to reach for your book, but must get word count in. Must get word count in.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drat, now the song is going through my head! :D

    Jessica, thanks for dropping by!

    CJ, I want to visit Lambie's house with you. :) And I'm all for chocolate covered graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, it was terrific chatting with you too! And my family thinks it's terrible that I don't like s'mores. I just tell them we're all entitled to our likes and dislikes. :)

    Tabitha, s'mores are usually considered 'camping' food. Roast a marshmallow over the fire, then slap it on a graham cracker, top with a square of chocolate, then another graham cracker to make a sandwich and eat it up. :) I do all that, but I skip the marshmallow part and go straight for the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgiana- if sophisticated pallet = loves chocolate, I'm in!

    Cindy, what did you do to earn crutches?

    Eileen, what word count? Grab the book! Hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete