Thursday, October 01, 2009

October Goals


It's that time again. Time to re-evaluate and reformulate my goals for the month.
Post-ACFW Conference, I have plenty on my plate.
1. Finish content edits on Clara and the Cowboy. I've gotten the rewrites done and now need to finish the final read-through and spit polish before sending it to my editor.
2. Outline Maggie and the Maverick. Maggie will be my NaNo novel this year. Yep, that's right. I'll be doing NaNo again this November to write the first draft of Maggie. I'm excited. If I have a good outline, I'm sure I will be able to reach 50K words in one month.
3. Write a synopsis and sample chapters of another historical series. Very excited about the prospects of this one. And I get to do lots of fun research. :)
4. Content Edits on The Engineered Engagement. My content editor informed me that she will start on EE in the next week or two, so I can expect them to come after that.
5. Blog tours and marketing for The Bartered Bride that releases SOON! I can't wait to hold a copy in my hands. I have some blog posts and interviews already scheduled, but if you'd like me to do a blog post for you, please, let me know.
One goal from the August list that isn't on the October list is to teach a workshop at the Wisconsin Christian Writer's Conference. Sadly, they couldn't get enough registrants for this year, so they have canceled the conference for 2009. Hopefully, they will be able to do more marketing and have it next year.
How about you? How are your goals shaping up? Do you have proposals and queries to get out? A manuscript to finish or to polish? A deadline looming? How do you hold yourself accountable to meet your goals?

10 comments:

  1. As usual, you are one busy woman! I do enjoy reading your goals each month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we're so close to Bartered Bride releasing! I'll totally feature you on my blog. I haven't done that with an author yet, so I'll have to think of what I want my "format" to be, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, count me in of the Blog Tour guest spot. I'll send you some interview questions, okay?

    Tick-tick-tick. The countdown has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to be very busy heading into the end of the year!

    Thanks for the reminder about goals. I looked back at my January 1 list and realized I've done pretty well so far. A few tweaks to the plan and I'm on target to finish strong in three months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica, I'd love to host you on my blog. Let me know what works best for you.

    So were you doing any research on your vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you'll be very busy this month - big goals are good. :-) I wonder if I should start hosting blog tour spots for authors? Hmm.

    For me this month is all about finishing the 1st draft of my WIP by the 31st (earlier, if possible), and plotting out my NaNo draft. I need to get way ahead on my serial novel too, so the installments are all scheduled for the blog in November.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Great goals. Busy month. You are more than welcome to stop by my blog and do a guest post to promote. My email is tab@zaeya.com if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Ladies, and Thank you!

    I'll be contacting you all really soon about blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your accomplishmnts today!! You know I'd LOVE to participate in your blog tour for Bartered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, very interesting schedule! Have fun with that new historical series. :-) Love your names. One of my characters is a Maggie. :-)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete