Thursday, October 22, 2009

Three Ingredient Thursday


Trying something new for the next little while.
Most of my friends know that I'm not much of a fan of cooking. Simple is good, as far as I'm concerned.
I have one friend who loathes cooking so much that when she got engaged, someone gave her a cookbook full of recipes that had no more than three ingredients.
My kind of cooking.
I thought I'd share a Three Ingredient Recipe on Thursdays, and I'd encourage you to do the same. As writers, moms, wives, etc. we're all busy and looking for ways to streamline.
Today's recipe: Easy Fruit Salad
Ingredients:
Canned Apricot Pie Filling
Bagged frozen berries
Cool Whip
Mix pie filling and thawed berries together. Garnish with Cool Whip.
It's delish!
If you have an easy-peasy recipe, chime in! I'd love to hear it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh that's a good one. I am a huge fan of three things thrown together = pie ! :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade cherry pie was a lot easier than I expected. Sugar, flour, cherries, butter and crisco. That was it to make the pie. Fairly easy stuff, though there was some rolling to do, but I kind of thought it was fun.

    Thanks for sharing your recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3 ingredient recipe: index finger, telephone, telephone number of pizza delivery (-: Car 2 Go at Applebee's, Friday's, or Uno's works too. Now if only we had pizza delivery here in the wilderness, I'd be golden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CJ, you are hilarious! No pizza delivery? How sad.

    Looking forward to these recipes, Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's mine, Erica. Buy a McCormick's Chipotle seasoning/marinade packet. You do have to add olive oil and water. I mix the marinade, pour it over still frozen chicken breasts, and cook it in the oven. My kids LOVE it. It's awesome over mashed potatoes with some sour cream on top of the chicken. Very rustic. And easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, Sally, that sound delish!

    Jessica, I'd probably go the canned cherries/refrigerator pie dough rought (don't tell Julia Child.) :D

    ReplyDelete