Monday, November 02, 2009

Blog Tour in Full Swing



The blog tour for The Bartered Bride is in full swing. This week, many of my friends are joining me in getting the word out about my first novel. I'm humbled and excited and thrilled that so many have been willing to introduce me and my book to their blog followers.



Here are this week's stops:

Monday, Nov. 2 Come and visit Georgiana's blog where she's hosting a fun interview.

Tuesday, Nov. 3rd Another crit buddy and up and coming author, Katie Ganshert, is interviewing one of my characters over at http://katieganshert.blogspot.com/

Drop in to find out more about crusty old Abraham Kennebrae and his plans for his grandsons and his financial empire.


Wednesday, Nov. 4th Sweet Rose McCauley is hosting me at http://rosemccauley.blogspot.com/ Rose was one of the first ladies to volunteer to host The Bartered Bride on her website.



Also, today, my good friend and fellow Kansan, Stephanie Morrill, is interviewing me about how I work with my daughter, Heather, in plotting my stories. You can find that interview at http://stephaniemorrillbooks.com/blog/





Thursday, Nov. 5th Join me today at Jess Ferguson’s blog, where I’m guest blogging on the topic of being a Timid Marketer. You can find Jess on the web at: http://jessyferguson.blogspot.com/ Jess and I have traveled this writing journey together for awhile, facing some of the same challenges and struggles. She's a great encourager, and her blog is really terrific. Each post shows such thought.

And over at http://www.carlastewart.blogspot.com/ Carla Stewart is interviewing me about my writing journey. Carla and I are Genesis survivors! This dear sweet woman prayed for me before she even knew me, because we were Genesis finalists in the same category one year.


Nov. 6th Fellow Rochester MN writer Vicki Tiedi is hosting a stop on The Bartered Bride Blog tour. Jump on over to http://www.vickitiede.com/wordpress/ to read all about it.

Today is also day two of NaNo. Last year the first day of NaNo was a Saturday, and I was able to write over 7K words in the first 24 hrs of November. This year, NaNo opened on a Sunday. Much more difficult to get a solid word count in.

The first of each month, I usually post my goals for that month. Obviously this month's goal is 50K words and a completed rough draft.

How about you? What are your writing goals for November?

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a packed week! (And reminds me that I still need to get you your questions!) My goal for Nov. is to finish my rewrites so that in Dec. I can get back to researching my other book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats! I have family in town but will try to pop by when I can. :-)

    I'd like to have my wip done by Dec. We'll see how that goes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the touring. My goal is to whip WIP into finished order by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to visit with Abraham tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THRILLED to feature you on my blog today!!!!

    A-hem. I hate to be the one to point this out....but your word count is missing ((cough, cough)) Enquiring minds want to know how many words you pounded out between church and the Vikings game :D

    My goal for November is the same as yours. How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome line-up, Erica! Great interview over at Georgiana's!

    I'm with you on the NaNo, only I'm aiming for between 55 to 60k for an LI type story. Just getting started with word count today.

    I'm brewing my interview questions for you in my mind now that I've enjoyed such a wonderful read. Must pass it over to my Mom, her dad was a lighthouse keeper and she loves watching the ships go through the canal in St. Catharines across from her home. She'll love the shipping scenes, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of stops! Great job with NaNo so far. My word count for this month is at least 50K, too.

    Oh, by the way, I finished The Bartered Bride last night. Yep, I should have been NaNoing but I just couldn't help myself :D I'll have to e-mail you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you will be busy in November! I am currently rewriting. My goal is to have my current MS ready for beta reading by December 31.

    I'll see you around blogoshpere on your tour.

    ReplyDelete