Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cover Flat Gifts


Last Saturday, I spoke at my church to the ladies at the annual fall luncheon. I had a wonderful time and they were so welcoming and interested.
For each of the ladies who came, I had a little gift. Using some of the cover flats my editor was kind enough to send me, my son and I made these to put at each place setting. I received something similar once at a book signing by Jill Elizabeth Nelson, and loved the idea so much I adopted it here.

Using a hole punch, ribbon, and a stapler, we put a little surprise in each cover flat. The ladies had a choice of either Earl Grey tea or Hot Chocolate.
I thought they turned out nice. :)
Today on the blog tour I'm visiting Betsy St. Amant. Drop on in and see what's going on!

13 comments:

  1. That's a very fun idea!! What did you speak about? Your life as a writer or something else? How cool! I'm off to go check out Betsy's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea, Erica! I think it's really cute. I hope some of the women bought your book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, first of all I love Twinnings. :D

    Second, what a sweet and well put together idea!

    I'm glad I found your blog.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea! They look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! And you'll have to tell us about your talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea. If I ever get published I think I'll be adopting it too.

    I'm with Katie, what did you present to the ladies at your church luncheon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! I love the ribbons. I'm socking this idea away for my own someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowser, some of you all are early risers! I didn't sleep well last night, so my peepers are barely open this morning.

    Katie, G, and Eileen, Tomorrow you get a little peek into what I spoke about. :)

    Jess, I did sell some books, gave away a couple, and others told me they'd already purchased copies. :) Yay!

    Wendy, Yay! I'm glad you found OTWP too! Welcome. I'm all about the Earl Grey, though my favorite brand is Caribou.

    Jill, it is such a quick and easy gift, and everyone seemed to like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That such a great idea. And what a fun little memento for each of the ladies to take away from the luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I'm horrible at coming up with stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get these every now and then when I win a book. It's such a delight and surprise!!! Makes my smile button work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a clever girl! These are just gorgeous and so sweet of you to "treat" everyone who came.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool! I will definitely stash this idea away for future use!

    ReplyDelete