Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Exciting News! And Goals


I am so happy to announce that I recently signed with
and literary agent par excellence
I'm so excited about this partnership. God did some really cool things to make this come about in His timing, and I'm very thankful.




It's that time again. The start of a new month and time to lay out those goals I want to accomplish before the end of the year.
So, here are my December Goals, some writing related, some business related, some personal/holiday related.
Writing Goals for December:
1. Copy edits on Clara and the Cowboy. These are due the first week of December sometime.
2. Polish up NaNo novel Maggie and the Maverick. I'll let these rest for a week or so, then dive in on rewrites and get it off to my crit partners before Jan. 1st.
3. Crits for awesome crit partners. I've got a novel in my inbox just waiting for my attention. And I can't wait!
4. Launch website by Jan. 1.
Business Goals for December:
1. Preliminary Inventory.
2. End of year bookkeeping, gathering info for corporate taxes.
3. Meetings with Accountant to finalize end of year stuff.
4. Final Inventory.
5. Clean out files to start fresh for 2010.
Personal Goals for December:
1. Get house decorated for Christmas.
2. Christmas shopping. Point and Click. Nuff said.
3. Get Christmas stuff put away.
4. Prepare for the AWESOME NEW YEAR'S DAY EXTRAVAGANZA party that we host every year.
5. Get kids both through the first semester of school and ready for the second.
With only one month left to 2009, how did you do on your goals for the year? Did you meet or exceed them? Did you fall a bit short on something?


Today is the final day of the blog tour for The Bartered Bride. Stop on by Eileen's Blog and check it out.

20 comments:

  1. Great goals! Love that we have the same wonderful agent! Love that we got to squee together!

    Love you friend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! Seriously, I think you're the fifth person I know whose signed with her. That's awesome! I've heard she's an excellent agent, and of course I luv her blog. :-)

    Have fun with that schedule, girlie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica!!! That is fantastic!!!!!!! WOW. Congrats to you. You deserve the rewards of a great agent. Blessings as you continue writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratlations Erica on landing the agent of all (my) dreams! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's great news for you.Goals? I'll be glad when the holiday rush is over, and things like IM get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo-hoo! Glad you can share your news and we can all party together!! I thought your exciting news was on the completing of NaNo! Congrats on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Erica! That's incredible! Congratulations to you and to Rachelle! How is it that five of my writing buddies now have the same agent?

    By the way, read The Bartered Wife over the weekend with my daughter. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to write out a goal list like the one you've provided. Dec. gets a little crazy.

    and
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! on securing a wonderful agent.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! Woohoo! That's great news.

    Your monthly goals are always so motivating :D You are a busy lady. I do so wish I could be at your New Year's party. That sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erica, congratulations with signing with Rachelle. I had no idea you didn't already have an agent with six books contracted. That's amazing.

    Your list sounds exhausting. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erica, I am so happy for you. Rachelle seems like a wonderful agent and a wonderful person. Congratulations!

    It sounds like you're going to be busy in December but very productive. All the best with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Welcome to the WordServe herd. :-) Rachelle is a great agent and I'm sure you will love working with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, Erica! Congratulations! And I just left a comment about your book on another blog.

    Woo, woo, woo, woo, woo, woo, woo woo...
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erica! Congratulations on your new agent. Great news indeed.

    Goals for December?
    Get on the marketing train.
    Shop. Decorate. Rejoice that book 2 is finished.

    Dancing a jig here for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachel Overton2:32 PM

    That's great news, Erica. If Rachelle is even HALF of how she presents herself, you are in excellent hands!

    Oh...and Lily may want to take some time on your schedule, too. She's in my inbox, impatiently awaiting my attention. She should be getting it later this week...!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Erica!!! Wonderful and very deserving news for such talented AND nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!!! Rachelle is gathering up a wonderful line of beautiful women writers! Oh yeah...she signed Billy too, didn't she? :)

    Love the goals! I'm sure I'd hit one once in a while if I actually wrote some down! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so incredibly organized. That should be one of your topics when you start speaking at conferences, etc. ;-) And congrats on the new agent! I'm thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on joining WordServe, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!!!!! You rock, girly! Awesome, awesome news!

    ReplyDelete