Thursday, November 05, 2009

Three Ingredient Thursday

Today's Three Ingredient Thursday is

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
Chicken Gravy (I use Heinz gravy in the jar and add a little water to thin it down a bit, but you could use a gravy packet too)
Bisquick biscuit dough (or you could use canned biscuits too)

Panfry and shred chicken breasts. Pour gravy over shredded chicken and bring to a boil. When gravy is boiling, drop dollops of biscuit dough onto hot gravy. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes, then cover and let simmer for 10 more minutes or until the dumplings have steamed through and are no longer shiny.
This one is a hit with my family. I serve it with cranberry sauce and a veg.


http://jessyferguson.blogspot.com/




http://www.carlastewart.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Another easy gravy is 1 can cream of chicken soup with 1/3 can of water added. Bring to a boil over medium low heat.

    I have a quick & easy biscuit recipe (but it is more than 3 ingredients)....2 c. flour, 1 T. sugar (optional), 1 T. baking powder, 1 t. salt, 1/3 c. vegetable oil, 2/3 c. milk. Mix dry ingredients, add milk & oil. Mix gently until all dry ingredients are wet. Then you can drop them into Erica's gravy, or you can pat them out, cut with biscuit cutter, and bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

    I use the cream of chicken soup gravy with some sort of cooked meat added and pour it over the biscuits for a quick & easy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Young One's favorite. I also add cubes of potato and mixed veg to the mix. That way one pan supper.

    Oh and a comment from her I think you'll find amusing. I was flipping through the MN Hot Dish cookbook. The Young One said, "I love hot dish. Makes you fat, but happy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband hasn't had chicken and dumplings since he married me. :) Twenty-seven years ago. :) Thanks for being a guest blogger, Erica.
    I absolutely LOVE your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to tell you that everyone adored last week's 3 ingrediant meal. Used chicken instead of turkey because I had it on hand. DH called it gourmet :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of canned biscuits. What are they, like Pringles style biscuits?

    ReplyDelete