Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Anniversary!


Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years of marriage to the most wonderful man alive.
So, for today, it's 20 things I love about Peter, one for every year we've been married. (In no particular order and certainly not everything I could list.)
1. He's so kind.
2. His sense of humor. Very dry, very funny.
3. His faith. Rock solid.
4. How hard he works. Many, many hours a week, in a job I couldn't do.
5. His generosity.
6. He believes in me and roots for me when I want to achieve something.
7. He's a great father.
8. His faithful service. More than 25 years as an AWANA leader and he serves as a deacon and Sunday School director and teacher.
9. He is a first-rate spider killer.
10. He lets me watch sports on tv and yell at the tv. :)
11. He let me have a cat, even though he's not really a cat person.
12. He's a great provider.
13. He's easy-going, especially about the housework and cooking situation.
14. He takes over the higher math next year with the homeschooling.
15. He indulges my book-buying.
16. He talks to me. We've stayed up all night talking before.
17. He loves museums almost as much as I do.
18. He's easy to be around.
19. He forgives me when I blow it.
20. He loves me.
Happy Anniversary, Peter! I love you!

19 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Erica! You have an incredible list- I can imagine your husband has a horde of reasons for loving you too.

    Thank God for men that love God and love us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!! Congrats on the 20 years!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That is quite a millstone...I mean, a milestone! lol (that is what MY husband would say in jest!)

    I love #9...the killer of spiders. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome list!! He sounds like the perfect mate for you! What a blessing! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool way to uplift your husband. 20 years! I thought 10 was a big deal. I'm okay with spiders, but I'm with you on math--it terrifies me.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, that's a sweet list. Happy, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful! Congratulations. #9 is especially important =P

    I just noticed you have an ACFW Indy countdown in your sidebar. Excited? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 20th Anniversary! My hubby and I just celebrated our 20th in November. What a wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Erica! 20 years is amazing. I loved your list and I can see from it how perfect you both are for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Hope you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Housework and cleaning situation?? And what situation might that be? LOL!!!! Sorry, that line just cracked me up. :-)


    Happy Anniversary! You two sound like a wonderful pair. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary, Erica! Your hubby sounds wonderful. Now he should write twenty special things about *you*. Hope y'all enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary, Erica! Congratulations on 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erica,
    OHHHH, you made me cry to think of my own dear hubby, who shares many traits with your Peter.

    42 years now!!!!!!!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Erica: This post is a great idea! I am going to forward it to my wife. She will need to come up with 32 reasons next time. But that should be easy. I better start on my list for her now. VINCE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy anniversary! I like the one where "he lets you" watch sports and yell at the TV. I've got to show that one to my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, everyone, for the good wishes!

    Georgiana...maybe just a tad excited about ACFW next fall.

    Jessica, the situation is, I'm not terribly fond of either housework or cooking. The house is presentable, but I don't make a fetish of cleaning. And cooking...I'm not good at it.

    Patty, Congratulations on 42 years!!!

    Walt, I'm obsessed with watching sporting events...anything but boxing or wrestling. And I am occasionally known to 'verbally encourage' the participants in the sporting event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    "He's a first rate spider killer"--must show my hubby this one. Phil hates spiders and hates it more when we girls go squeeling to him to take care of them.

    Lifting a blessed prayer for your wonderful marriage, Erica! The world needs more like yours.

    ReplyDelete