Wednesday, December 02, 2009

As Seen On TV



Okay, I'm in love with my new laptop desk. I braved the crowds on Black Friday (kind of by accident, because I had NO intention of being uptown on that day...but you know how it is, the best laid plans of mice and men..and me) and went in to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up this little number.



It fits me perfectly, just the right height for sitting in bed and typing. It's the right size, lightweight, and portable, folds down flat, includes a booklight.


Next to my laptop and plot board and the book Goal, Motivation, & Conflict by Debra Dixon, I'd have to say, this little desk is the coolest writing thing I've gotten yet.


How about you? Do you have a cool writing thing?
Oh, and I did win NaNoWriMo this year. Yay. 50K words in 30 days. The story needs polishing, but I'm really loving how it is going.
Congratulations to all my friends who also completed NaNo, and if you tried and didn't win, no worries, you got more done than if you hadn't tried at all, and that's what it's all about!

15 comments:

  1. The laptop desk looks cool! One of the reasons I hate using the laptop in the bedroom is because it's uncomfortable to sit in bed and plink on the laptop. Might have to put the desk on the Wish List. Congrats on winning Nano

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool looking desk! Wishing you many happy writing days with it! Of course that is a good for you, and me, thing, whatever it takes to keep you writing :o)

    Congrats on a successful Nano! Want to do lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat desk! I need to find me one of those. Wonder if they make one with a built in cooler? (One that cools the laptop, not the kind that stores drinks.)

    Yay on NANO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My treadmill laptop table is my favorite. I do need to make more use out of it again though. Been way too lazy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! A laptop desk isn't something I've ever heard of. I'm currently using a pillow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica: Pillow=BAD!!! Eventually causes overheating problems. Speaking from experience...I'm back on my desktop these days. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I don't think I could write in bed (bed is for reading), but I have a lap desk I use in my chair, and love it.

    My fave writing tool though, aside from my netbook is yWriter - free software that just makes me ever-so-organized while writing/editing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought something like that but it was too wide. I like to lounge on my couch when I work...yep..feet up, body wrapped in a toasty electric blanket!! The desk just didn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erica!!!!! You just gave me an idea for a Christmas present! I LOVE that little desk! I'm salivating over it! I'd steal it right through the screen if I could! :-)

    BTW, I loved your list for how to handle insecurities! Thanks for sharing that today on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat deal! I don't think I've seen one.

    Working in bed may be optional now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I haven't heard of those! I like to save my bed for reading though. Oh, and watching movies! That is a great idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great desk! I need to find me something like that, because right now I use a pillow and that's no good!

    Congrats again on NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That laptop desk is cool! I'm hardly ever able to sit down for periods longer than 20-30 minutes with my laptop or else something like that might work really well for me :D Congratulations on NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, Erica.....
    The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men and Me

    would make a good title for a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My writing buddy gave me a lap desk... it has a pillowed bottom section but a leather-covered hard top surface so it can rest on my lap no matter where I use it, but the computer has adequate ventilation so won't overheat. It's wonderful!

    Congrats on finishing NaNo. I did, too, and, like you, have a good start on a story that I can continue to work on at a more reasonable pace. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete