This week's Friday Five:
Five things that have changed about Christmas since I was a kid:
1. How soon Christmas season starts. Seems like it's earlier every year.
2. The fact that somehow Christmas is a dirty word, and we're supposed to say Happy Holidays instead.
3. L.E.D. lights. So cool.
4. Expectations for what constitutes a successful holiday. Big gifts, big Christmas Card list, busy schedules.
5. The after Thanksgiving sales that used to start at 8 am now start at 3 am, and people are injured in the stampedes.
HOWEVER, since I don't want the holiday season to begin on a downer:
There are many things that are the same about Christmas since when I was a kid.
1. The decorating of the house on the weekend after Thanksgiving.
2. All the anticipation and the keeping of happy little secrets.
3. That the Christmas Eve service is my favorite church service of the year.
4. Hoping it snows, at least for Christmas.
5. How little sleep I get the night before and getting up early on Christmas morning.
So, tell me one thing you've noticed that's different about Christmas, and one thing that is just the same.