Thursday, December 17, 2009

An inedible Three Ingredient Thursday


This week's Three Ingredient Thursday isn't for anything you can eat, but it is for something that sure smells good and is very Christmassy.
Three Ingredient Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments:
1. 1 Cup Applesauce
2. 1 Cup Cinnamon (bulk powder)
3. 2. Tablespoons tacky glue
Knead ingredients until smooth and consistent ball has formed. Sprinkle cinnamon on countertop and roll out dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. (Thicker ornaments are sturdier but take longer to dry.) Cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Use toothpick to make a hole for ribbon so you can hang them up later. Allow them to air dry completely on wax paper (24-48 hrs.) Turn them as needed if they start to cur. Sprinkle fine glitter or use puff paint for a nice effect. They will smell great for years!
This recipe comes courtesy of Jill Pearson.

7 comments:

  1. How interesting! Sounds like a fun activity to do with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls made ornaments with this on ornament night at school. Cute ornaments and the smell is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did these a few years when my girls were younger. We still hang some on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how do I knead applesauce? LOL Sounds pretty cool. I think we made these when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, the kids would love that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lot of fun for the kiddos! Thanks, Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aside from the glue, they look really tasty! LOL, I'm cracking myself up. What a fun project :-)

    ReplyDelete