Thursday, December 03, 2009

Three Ingredient Thursday


Veggie Tales and Jr. Asparagus notwithstanding, today's Three Ingredient Thursday is:
Grilled/broiled asparagus.
Ingredients:
Asparagus
Soy Sauce
Salt
For Broiling: line a baking sheet with foil. Peel the stem end of the asparagus, slice off any stems that are too thick and might be tough or woody. Sprinkle with soy sauce and a little salt. Don't forget that soy sauce is a bit salty, so don't overdo the salt. Place under the broiler until the asparagus is cooked all the way through and bends, but not mushy or limp. Halfway through, pull out the pan and roll the asparagus over.
Bend up the sides of a sheet of aluminum foil to form a shallow pan. Follow Broiling directions, turning asparagus halfway through the cooking process.
Even my kids love this one. It is De-lish!

7 comments:

  1. I've had asparagus steamed with lemon juice but not broiled. Souds like a real tweet. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this. I've never actually bought this fresh, as I didn't know what to do with it! how long does it stay under the broiler?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ, I'd never had asparagus before trying this recipe courtesy of someone from church. :)

    Georgiana, the time varies depending on how big the asparagus is. I tend to be over-vigilant with it because the broiler setting intimidates me a bit (not being a natural-born Betty Crocker) I'd say three or four minutes, then turn all the stalks, then another three or four? But ovens are so different too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We grill asparagus sometimes with lemon! Its my fav veggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom did this for Thanksgiving, but I think she also sprinkled parmesan cheese upon it. Very, very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, sounds good. I tried that Yum Yum Chicken Casserole (sorry, maybe that wasn't the exact name) you posted not too long ago. The kids and my hubby really liked it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete