Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Guest Blogging Today

Today I'm guest blogging over at Pepper Basham's blog Faith and Fiction on Fire. She's currently interviewing authors about what they think makes for a great kissing scene.

It got me to thinking about the best kissing scenes. I have a favorite.

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, in The Quiet Man. That kiss in the cemetery...oh man!
Aside from the silk shirt...what makes this scene so amazing?

Everything that went before it. The chemistry between John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara sizzles. They are both intense, passionate, larger than life people. And you know that when they do get together, the sparks are going to ignite an inferno of emotion.

A good lesson. A really passionate, emotional, pivotal kiss can't come out of nowhere. It has to be a natural result of the tension built up until it culminates in a kiss.

Do you have a favorite book or screen kiss?

This week, Heartsong Connection is featuring The Marriage Masquerade. Pop on over for a chance to win a copy!

3 comments:

  1. That's my favorite kissing scene too, though I have a hard time getting past The Duke's bulging biceps in that wet, silk, Arrow shirt. THUD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of one main favorite right now, though I do love it when they get together in You've Got Mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kiss between House and Cameron in the first or second season.(I think)
    Actually, I love lots of kisses! LOL

    ReplyDelete