Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Fervor


Olympic fervor is running hot around here. We love watching the athletes, the events, the venues.
And I like to hear the stories of how the athletes got to where they are. All the training, all the near misses, the heartache, the families that support them, the friendships they've made.
And I can relate. No, I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I have no desire to throw myself down an icy track face first in the skeleton, nor to ski and shoot like a biathlete. But I do relate to the journey to attain a dream. The hard work and training. Some near misses. A supportive family. And friendships I've gained along the way.
So, do you have a favorite olympic event or memory?
Also, stop by Heartsong Connection today. I've got a guest blog post up about lighthouses. :)

1 comment:

  1. I use to love watching the gymnastics and the figure skating. ;-)

    ReplyDelete