Thursday, February 04, 2010

Three Ingredient Thursday


Three Ingredient French Dip Sandwiches

2 lb. fresh beef brisket
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
10-oz. can condensed beef broth

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours until beef is tender. Skim any fat from liquid in crockpot. Remove beef and cut across grain into thin slices. Serve on crusty baguette rolls and serve with the hot broth for dipping. 8 sandwiches
I like to melt Swiss cheese on the sandwiches too, so technically, that makes it more than three ingredients, I suppose, but Four or Five Ingredient Thursday sounds funny. :)
Question: Has anyone been to France?

8 comments:

  1. I hope I get to go to France someday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to France via film strip in high school French class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds wonderful and I need some crockpot recipes for work days!

    I had the HUGE priveledge of going to Paris for ONE day. My husband and I went to Africa for 2 weeks so my husband could teach a class in Kenya & Uganda. On our way back, we stayed in London for 3 days. (We couldn't have a layover in London and not stay awhile, you know!) A neighbor heard about our trip and gave us money to "hop" on over to Paris for a day. We got up really early, took the train...that really, really FAST train going 100+ mph...and toured Paris in one day. I laugh now remembering our venture into the Louvre. We practically ran through the exibits there, trying to take it all in. We did manage to go to Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and Champs Elysees, and eat Creme Brulee at a sidewalk cafe. I told my husband I definitely want to go again someday and take a leisurely three day tour!!! I loved Paris...almost better than London.

    That was probably more than you wanted to know! It just brought back so many great memories. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to France, but love French Dip. Especially if you pile on some creamy horseradish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds yummy! Never been to France, but hope to go someday (there and England and Italy too:)
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need research info for France, or what? Might be able to set you up with someone, if so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! And an American mistook me for a native and asked me (en francais) where she could buy cigarettes. I must have looked super classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds really yummy. And no, I haven't been to France but I want to go. One of my fave authors, Eloisa James, is living there right now and she updates her FB fan page with all these great snippets. You should "friend" her. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete