This week's Friday Five is:
Five things I remember about first grade.
1. Learning to read in my head. This was such a revelation to me. I could read without speaking the words aloud.
2. Drawing a picture of a siamese cat that so impressed my art teacher that she framed it.
3. My teacher, Mrs. Williams, had blue and white checked pants, and very sticky red lipstick. And a beehive hairdo.
4. Being reminded on a fairly regular basis when using Elmer's glue that "A Dot Does A Lot."
5. Being sick with the flu and missing two weeks of school, then going back only half days until I was stronger.
What do you remember from First Grade?