Today's Friday Five is:
Five sure signs spring has come to Minnesota.
1. Mud. Mud tracked into the house and splattered on cars.
2. Trash. The snow melts, and an entire winter of litter is revealed in roadside ditches. People are so thoughtless with their trash!
3. Potholes. I have to say, Sioux Falls, SD had some real beauties! Winter is hard on the roads here, and every spring there is a new crop of potholes to fix. Some are large enough to swallow a Prius.
4. Cat Hair. My cat sheds a lot at the best of times. In the spring, it's EVERYWHERE. She's a gray cat with lots of fluffy hair. We have to pin her down and cut matts off her because her coat is so dense she can't possibly groom it out. Brushing her is a hit or miss thing, because she only tolerates the brush.
5. Daydreams. This is the part of the year when I start daydreaming about getting flowers and planting my flowerbed. This is the best part of the process, since I do buy the flowers, and I do plant them, but then I fail to give them the TLC they need, and they get to looking not so great.
So, any signs of spring where you live? I have a feeling we're in for at least one more really good snowstorm. It's sort of an annual tradition that when the High School boys' basketball tournament rolls around in MN it's time for a blizzard.