Friday, March 26, 2010

The Friday Five

This week's Friday Five is:

Five animals that I think are funny looking, as if they were made up from spare parts.

1. Moose
Talk about a disjointed conglomeration of parts!

2. Okapi
It's closest relative is a giraffe, though it looks half zebra, half donkey.

3. Gray Kangaroo
One of my favorite lines from Quigley Down Under is when Quigley and Cora first see kangaroos and Cora says, "Well, whatever they are, nature sure played an awful trick on 'em."

4. Chameleon
So ugly it's almost cute.

And my favorite oddball picture...

5. The Emu
You talking to me?


Any favorite weirdos from the animal kingdom?



7 comments:

  1. Oh, Erica!!! Thank you so much for the laugh this morning. This did it.

    Let's throw in an anteater, an armadillo and an octopus just for kicks.

    Also, God used you with the verse you quoted on my blog recently. I'll write about it when I'm ready.

    Still laughing,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second one takes the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA, I LOVE the emu! They really are an awesome bird.

    One of my faves is the duck-billed platypus. God has a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see pictures of moose (or "moosen" according to Bryan Regan)I wonder why my 15-year-old daughter likes them so much.

    I agree with Wendy: armadillo (is the plural armadilloes? armadillos? or armadillae?). For some reason, Ann has this peculiar fascination with them. If I thought they'd survive the climate of Minnesota, I'd get her one as a pet... just to keep Philippe the cat company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That emu is too cute to be considered odd ball. And my DH would contest your choice of a moose as funny looking because he says moose steak looks just as tasty as any other kind. That's a hunter's response for you. Personally, I'm a dog person and when I think "funny looking" I am reminded of the Mexican Hairless breed... all spiky hair and bare skin.

    Enjoy your Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe moose made your list of funny looking animals, I love them! Now the okapi, he's in the right place. I would have a penguin and an armadillo on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The okapi is really, really strange! Thanks for these cute pics. I'm a sucker for animals!

    ReplyDelete