Monday, March 01, 2010

March Goals




It's the first of the month again, and time to re-evaluate those goals.
February was a very busy month. I finished content edits on one novel and copy edits on another, and got revisions underway for the next one in the chain.
So, goals for March:
1. Finish revisions for a new novel.
2. Coordinate two categories for the Genesis Contest. Women's Fiction and Young Adult.
3. Critiques for crit partners.
4. Begin outlining next novel.
5. Blog here at On The Write Path.
6. My first book signing in Sioux Falls, SD on March 12th
7. Coordinate the blogs at Heartsong Connection. March is my month. :)
So, what do your March Goals look like? Are you moving ahead with your writing, taking steps to make your goals a reality? Do you write out your goals to clarify them and to hold yourself accountable?
And did your March come in like a lion or a lamb? It's rather lambish around here at the moment, though March is historically our snowiest month. Southeast Minnesota is almost guaranteed to get clobbered with a blizzard during the state boys' basketball championships.

6 comments:

  1. Great goals! You're always so organized and ambitious, Erica.

    My March goals....
    1. Get my 4th book off to my awesome agent
    2. Write the synopsis. ugh!
    3. Flesh out my next story idea and be ready to start outlining it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the booksigning!!! How exciting!

    Mine are:
    1. Take Camy Tang's Story Senseir Synopsis class and get my synopsis finished.
    2. Enter my first contest.
    3. Try and finish editing my WIP! (Not likely to happen since I may be moving this month!) BLEH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a reminder we've hit a new month and I need to evaluate what I aim to do...
    Here goes:
    Finish 3rd go through of WIP
    Get it to crit partners
    Begin writing next novel (ah, it's been chomping at my heels for months)
    Get my one-pager and elevator pitch down for conference in April (ya know...just in case)

    Okay, now I'm overwhelmed. ;)
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goals! They are so motivating, even for me. And yay for booksigning, I can't wait to see pictures:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. March is coming in like a lamb so far...I'm hoping it just decides to stay that way, rather than getting eaten on the way out the door. ;-)

    I do goals weekly on my blog...but as for the whole month, I'm really focusing on buckling down with the revisions I'm working on. I want to be submitting by June, and need to kick things in gear.

    Good luck with your goals this month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh-oh. LOL I didn't think about March goals yet. Hmmm.

    I'm so amazed at what you accomplish. You homeschool too, right? Yikes.

    Well, I hope to do first round editing on my manuscript. Then, while I let it sit, I have another manuscript that needs de-categorizing and to be lengthened. LOL

    Fun stuff ahead of us, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete