Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Exciting News!


This past winter, our local Christian book store suffered a serious blow.  After a particularly heavy snow, a section of the roof collapsed, breaking the sprinkler system and pouring gallons of water into the store. The most heavily damaged area was the gift/artwork department. You can read more about it on the link below.

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S1383851.shtml?cat=10219

The bookstore has been a fixture on North Broadway for many years. When I first visited Rochester over twenty years ago, CB&G was in a house with little rooms filled with books, cassettes, church supplies...

Later they built the beautiful store in the photo above.

We're blessed in Rochester to have such a wonderful Christian Bookstore, and even though they've faced considerable challenges and growth, especially this latest catastrophe. I was so happy when word came out that they would be rebuilding and reopening the store.

As part of that reopening, Mary Connealy and I are going to be having a book-signing. If you're in the area Saturday, June 19th, please stop in. I'll be signing The Bartered Bride, The Marriage Masquerade, and my soon to be released Clara and the Cowboy. Mary will be signing her latest release The Wildflower Bride, as well as many of her other terrific books.

If you can't get to the book-signing, but you'd still like a signed copy of one of the books, please call (507) 289-2590 or (800) 937-1520, mention the upcoming book-signing, and pre-order the books. We'll sign them while we're there.

You can find Christian Book and Gift  on Facebook, and on the web at: http://www.christbk.com/home.asp

Mary and I are so happy to be part of the Grand Re-opening, and we hope to see you at the book-signing!

8 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Hope you have an incredible signing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! The only book store on our side of the city just closed. It is very sad, but understandable in the internet age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! That's so exciting! Glad to hear your bookstore is back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I'll bet you two rock a booksigning. I wish I could visit! Maybe someday when you're both bestselling authors you'll make a trip down to Florida. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad they'll be up and running again and congrats to you on the book signing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Mary make a great team, and I'm so glad the bookstore is getting a new life. I know you'll have a wonderful time. My big book launch back in my hometown area will be on that day so I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete