Friday, April 23, 2010

The Friday Five - With Betsy!



From the back cover: To save her family ranch—and her father's legacy—Samantha Jenson reluctantly runs a dude ranch on the financially strapped property. Among the greenhorn tourists in stiff jeans and shiny cowboy boots: handsome businessman Ethan Ames. Ethan makes Sam remember her own dreams—of love and marriage. But surely he'll ride out of her life—in his fancy car—when his vacation is over. Until she learns that Ethan isn't on vacation at all. He has a very big secret. One that just might destroy her dreams of being his rodeo sweetheart…forever.

From me: Rodeo Sweetheart is a fun read. Lies, peer pressure, expectations of the future clashing with broken dreams from the past. Conflict abounds! Ethan is a sympathetic, yummy hero, and Sam is a tough but vulernable heroine. Betsy knows what romance readers want, and she delivers!


A bit about Betsy: Betsy St. Amant lives in north Louisiana, has a penchant for chocolate and polka dots shoes, and is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers group. Betsy is multi-published through Steeple Hill and has been published in Christian Communicator magazine and Praise Reports: Inspiring Real Life Stories of How God Answers Prayer. One of her short stories, ‘Kickboxing or Chocolate’, appears in a Tyndale compilation book, and she is also multi-published through The Wild Rose Press. Betsy has a BA in Christian Communications and regularly contributes articles to Crosswalk.com. She is a wife, new mommy, author, and avid reader who enjoys sharing the wonders of God’s grace through her stories.




Today I asked Betsy to share with 5 ways her ideas have changed since the birth of her daughter, The Little Miss. So here's Betsy!

5 Ways My Ideas of Love Have Changed Since Becoming a Mommy...

1. Love can be shown in the most subtle of ways - the light in my daughter's eyes when she sees me, the pitch of her voice when she calls my name, the running of her legs when she rushes over for a hug, the picking of a wildflower she hands to me with a smile...love isn't just an emotion or a choice but a depth like no other.

2. I never knew my heart could melt the way it does. This question came at great timing, because just the other night my Lil Miss said "mama love you" for the very first time and gave me a big kissy smack on the cheek before I put her to bed. It was the sweetest moment of my life thus far, hands down.

3. I used to believe love was important, but not necessarily everything in life. Other things were important too - family, friends, church, missions, etc. But now I realize that love is at the foundation of everything we do, of all those things I listed above. It's the very foundation of God! That's HUGE! God is love. It's a phrase we sometimes as Christians say without much reverence because we grew up hearing it, but seriously...God is love. God IS love.

4. Just like love can be shown to me in various, subtle ways, so can I give love in subtle, various ways. The changing of a diaper, the mixing of a bottle, the buying of her favorite foods, the patience I show while playing or teaching or being with her...she picks up on all of that just like I do in the little things she shows me. All of it is priceless, and life is too short to miss a single, precious moment. It's rearranged my priorities, and opened my eyes to what's truly important in life.

5. I also see differently how God much loves us. I always knew He did, I grew up believing that, but its an entirely different perspective now. The depth of God's love for us--the truly unconditional aspect--before having my daughter always seemed a little dim to me. Now I know that no matter what Lil Miss does or says, I will love her. Nothing will change that. And God feels that way X 1 million about us. He LOVES us!

Thank you, Betsy!

Rodeo Sweetheart is available everywhere books are sold, but hurry, get a copy before they're gone!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this list! I appreciate when my little girls hold up a flower for me and certainly after having kids I feel like I got a firmer grasp on what God might possibly feel.

    So cool to read these.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica, for this fun Friday Five with Betsy.

    Betsy, I just finished reading "Return to Me" and was very impressed. You have such an emotional connection to your characters. And I agree--love is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy! The precious moments are priceless, and somehow with children they come so frequently. They don't hold back :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one by Besty. I've read her other two books and enjoyed them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Betsy!!! What a great interview. It reminds me of the love I have for my sweet daughter. Can't wait to read Rodeo Sweetheart. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! I totally know what she means. After I had my first son, it was like my eyes just opened right up about how God feels about us. It was, and still is, the coolest revelation.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete