This is a picture of my husband's grandfather, the man he was named after. He loved horses.
As a girl, I loved all things horse-related. I read dozens of books about horses.
So, today, here are some of my favorite horse books I read as a child:
1. Arabian Cow Horse by John Richard Young.
2. Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry.
3. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley.
4. The Christmas Horse by Glenn Balch.
5. Spring Comes Riding by Betty Cavanna.
So, any horse lovers out there? Do any of these books look familiar? Did you have a favorite horse book as a child?