Friday, April 30, 2010
The Friday Five
So, here are 5 things that are in my cedar chest.
1. Letters from my husband. When we were dating, we spent a summer apart. I was in Kansas working two jobs, and he was in northern Wisconsin as a boys' counselor at a Bible camp. It was a very long summer, and we exchanged a couple letters a week.
2. Curtain tiebacks and graduation memorabilia. The curtain tiebacks are actually gold braids that my husband and I wore at our graduations from college to signify graduating magna cum laude. There are also our college tassels. Pale blue, because we were both education majors.
3. Awana awards. My kids have been in the AWANA program for years, and each time they move up to a new club, I put their vest or uniform and old books in the cedar chest.
4. A blue coat. When I was a little girl, my grandmother made me a little satin-lined blue fuzzy coat. Actually, it looks a little cookie-monster-ish, but I LOVED it. And I loved that she made it.
5. A scrapbook. I once had to make a presidential election scrapbook as an assignment for government class. To date myself, I'll let you know, it was the Reagan/Mondale election and I was in high school.
So, do you have a cedar chest? What do you keep in it?