This week's Friday Five is:
Five things I love about Easter Weekend.
1. The Good Friday Service at church. Next to the Christmas Eve service, I think I love the Good Friday service the best. A somber reflection on the death of Christ for our sins, and yet, through it all, there is a supressed joy, because though it might be Friday night...Sunday's Coming!
2. Easter Music. Can you have an Easter service without singing "Christ Arose"? I remember Bill Tucker, the fine tenor man who lead the singing in the church I grew up in. We'd be so somber and sad in the opening lines of the song, then KABOOM! Up From The Grave He Arose would belt out. Bill would wave his arm in cadence, and he'd stand on tiptoe, as if that would make the song even more powerful.
3. Sweet dresses on the little girls in the church, and the little extra dressing up we all seem to do in honor of the resurrection.
4. Easter lillies. They smell heavenly, look wonderful, and are as fitting as holly and pine at Christmas.
5. Okay, I'll admit it. I like Easter candy. Pastel M&M's and chocolate bunnies, jellybeans and malted-milk eggs. We usually get together with my SIL and her family, and though our kids are in high school and college, they still have an Easter Egg hunt. :)
What do you love about Easter weekend?