Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Madness

Some days you're just dancing as fast as you can. This is a very, very busy week for me.

Genesis entries are flooding in from my judges. Each one is double-checked for addition errors, saved, privacy information taken care of, scores tabulated, etc.

Moderate the Heartsong Connections blog. I love this blog, the readers and commentors have been so great, and hopefully we're connecting readers and authors. If you haven't stopped by Heartsong Connections, please, head over and see what we're up to.

Edit Before The Dawn. I'm so close to the ending, and there are lots of changes to be made. Only about 15 more pages to go, but most of it is rewriting instead of editing. It's taking me longer than I wanted. I just signed the contract for this one, and I had wanted to turn the book in at the same time, but...It's not quite ready yet.

Wind up school with the boy. We're done with everything but his End Of Year Term Paper. His topic of choice this year is: Sergeant York, A Humble Hero. He's doing a great job on the paper, but there's still some work left to do. Then we're both out of school for summer!

End of Month bookkeeping and payroll weekend.

As writers, moms, employees, etc. we all know that everything won't come to a stop while we work on/focus on one task. The others will still be there.

Some days we're just dancing as fast as we can. And we have to cut ourselves some slack, take things as they come, and just keep dancing.

Question for you: Are you dancing this week? Do you have a lot on your plate?

16 comments:

  1. Yikes! You're very busy. I feel like my days are finally calming down.
    I hope you get lots done and everything goes smoothly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm good for a dance any ol' time! ;)

    Sounds like you'll be running around like a chicken with its head cut off this week. That's my usual gig. It's fun. Some could call that dancing.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of all you have to do!LOL Since I'm inbetween jobs, I have the luxery of filling my days with whatever I want. And sometimes it isn't enough! Enjoy the business:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be doing the Cha Cha or something else that goes really fast. No Waltzing for you, my friend =P

    Yes, always busy! My to-do list is sooooo long, but when I cross off another item it makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the late Harry Chapin sang: I'm in the dance band on the Titanic...As soon as all the graduation hoopla with The Young One is over, things will quiet down for a short time. Then it will ramp up as she gets ready for college in the Fall. The cha-cha never ends; you just change partners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got to finish up judging my last entry then turn them all in! I want to double check them all before I send them back.

    I'm also speaking to a local teen writing club this week and need to finish preparing for it.

    I'm working with my line-editor on the line edtis of The Preacher's Bride. I haven't had too much work on it, so whew!

    Then I'm also on a self-imposed deadline for my current WIP. It's challenging! I'm definitely dancing hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that picture! It made me laugh out loud!! I want to dance with that girl at a wedding or something. She's going ALL out!

    Yes, I've got a busy plate. Especially now, with the year coming to a close and grades needing done and all this school-year wrap up stuff. May is always crazy! But a happy kind of crazy because summer is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My plate overflows! :) It's mostly things I'm excited about, but it can be exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're busy! It always amazes me how much you get done :)

    I am doing a little dancing myself this week, trying to juggle a new commitment and finish my WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate dancing. Can I just sit this one out? I'm so tired!!! And...I don't know about you, but I was taught dancing is a sin. So why is everyone doing it?! LOL

    If I can get the project I'm [ahem. supposed to be!] working on today out the door, I'll get to be a wallflower for a day or two, but then I'm right back at it.

    **adjust position in chair, hits "publish," and opens Word to find edit file. Back at it. Sigh.** :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am tired just reading this!! But summer is coming. I hope you will have time to relax soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dancing BIG TIME this week! Tomorrow I find out if I move another notch in a contest I'm in or whether I get kicked out at this stage, plus Saturday the entire free world is coming to party at my house. Cleaning is in order. I so can't wait for next Sunday. it will truly be a day of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are busy with all the right things! Be sure to pace yourself this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would this dance be considered the quick step or the fox trot? Certainly not a waltz.

    At least I pushed my Genesis entries off my plate on Saturday. :) Now I've only got to catch up on revising two chapters to send to my crit partners, write one new chapter and work an insane amount of hours for my "part-time" job. Nothing quite like reading 1000 pages of asbestos depositions in two days. Yawn.

    We've only got four weeks until the kiddos are home for the summer and there are still a few items left on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'm dancing. I'm dancing a hot salsa! Reading your list, made me feel better about mine. I'm helping with our school's track team, designing a girlfriend's website, finishing up revisions on my book, and eagerly anticipating critiquing a friend's. Bring on the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You all are cracking me up! I cha-cha-ed through my day..errands, bookkeeping, editing, Genesis stuff...feels good to get a lot accomplished, and it feels great to have friends like you!

    ReplyDelete